From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, World Cup is Over...

But I was lucky to be there for some of it. GoPro Video to come once I get my lazy butt to finish editing it. +/- 2 months most likely if I keep the rate I'm going at. +/- 2 weeks if I crack down. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
(9,040 Views)

Nice waterfall!

I heard it was a blast down there.  Shame the US couldn't do a little better.  It was still fun watching what I could on the tv.  Annoyed my wife, but I sure enjoyed it all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(9,011 Views)

Well I am glad the 'Orange madness' is over.

Oranje rotonde.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,987 Views)

Totally awesome, Greg!

My workplace was somewhat unproductive during the World Cup...and the internet was really, really slow (too many of us streaming the games at our desks).  My boss was great -- he was resigned when I left early to go to a bar with my pickup soccer buddies to watch the U.S. games, and took it well when I informed him the day before the U.S. / Germany game that my appearance at work that day would be dependent upon my postgame state of sobriety (the game was at 9am PDT, so it meant we had to start drinking early).

While I have my issues with the makeup of the U.S. roster and game strategy, the WC always means that I get to be in soccer heaven for nearly a month.

The Women's World Cup is in Canada next year, so I'll definitely be going to some of those games...Vancouver, B.C. is only a couple of hours away.

Love the pictures!  So cool that you got to be there.

Message 4 of 5
(8,922 Views)

I'm coming a little late to this but...

The company I work for has manufacturing centers in Brazil and they had a HUGE drop in productivity (go figure).

And for all the techy people on here: Here is some technology information about the World Cup and some items my company was involved with: http://blogs.jabil.com/2014/07/15/world-cup-tech-wrap-up-infographic/

I especially like the one on the cameras. It's a pretty cool article.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,827 Views)