BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAY off topic, do horses have arms?

Off the wall kind of question, nothing to do with LV!. Does anyone here think that animals like dogs, horses, tigers (etc...) actually have two arms and two legs, rather than the conventional asusmption that they have four legs?

The front limbs are attached to the chest, surely this implies they must be arms!

Message 1 of 64
(23,380 Views)

Or looking at it the other way arms have hands while legs have feet.

No, a horse does not have arms, BUT in a pinch they can be approximated as a sphere*.

Ben

*Old joke about enginners.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 64
(23,361 Views)
I don't know about horses, but the US constitution includes the right to arm bears, or something like that.
Message 3 of 64
(23,349 Views)

No, but apparently, snakes do.

Message Edited by Matthew Kelton on 09-19-2009 09:09 PM
Message 4 of 64
(23,337 Views)

Matthew Kelton wrote:

No, but apparently, snakes do.

Does this mean it ate a horse?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 64
(23,332 Views)

Nah, horses don't have claws on their appendages.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 64
(23,330 Views)
My survey of one other person tells me that horses don't have arms. Is N=2 a big enough sample size for conclusive proof?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 64
(23,325 Views)
But do you people know horses are measured in hands
Message 8 of 64
(23,288 Views)

Our horses wear 4 shoes, shoes are worn on feet, feet are typically attached to legs. Thus I conclude our horses have 4 legs and no arms.

I went out and asked them, but I could not understand what they were saying because they were both a little horse 😞

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 9 of 64
(23,271 Views)

Puns are always worth Kudos in my book.

After some additional research (with my wife's help) I have realized that it is not hands that make arms but rather sleeves. Any animal appendge coming froth from a sleeve is an arm.

Case in point:

A bear has paws until you put a shirt on him (Think Edward Bear aka Winnie the Pooh) and bingo they are now arms. The same priciple also applies to wings as in Donald Duck. This rule does not apply to legs where pants are not required.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 64
(23,260 Views)