BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W a t c h your mouth

@Ben wrote:

Is that a screwdriver in your pocket? (gesturing at the NI Pocket screwdriver I carry in my pocket proector)

Is that a scredriver in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? 😛

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(4,818 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@SnowMule wrote:

Good guys make stuff go bang too...

(sucks going through airport security though, residue hangs around for about a week and it's a 45-minute delay in screening...)

Residue is not required.

Try;

flying ..... making the mistake of answering the question "What are you here to work on?" by saying "An Atomic Force Microscope".

It earned me a visit to a cinder block room with cameras for hours only to be entertained by two gentlemen wearing vests 

That was a long day.

Ben

Along the same lines

HP/Agilent 536A Frequency Meter

NOT recomended for carry on baggageSmiley Embarassed

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(4,808 Views)

I know at NI Week one year JKI had their stress relief toolkit for LabVIEW, which was basically silly puddy.  We imagined someone won an Arduino from the LAVA BBQ and try to walk through security with a random looking bare board microcontroller, and something that resembles plastic explosives.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(4,778 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

I know at NI Week one year JKI had their stress relief toolkit for LabVIEW, which was basically silly puddy.  We imagined someone won an Arduino from the LAVA BBQ and try to walk through security with a random looking bare board microcontroller, and something that resembles plastic explosives.

That reminds me of when I was in college taking Embedded Systems.  My task at the time was to make the microcontroller control 3 7-segment displays and do a countdown.  I had this all on a breadboard and was walking around with it.  It was lunch time, so I went to the nearby Subway and the sandwich maker there asked me if it was a bomb.  I immediately told her what it was.  But then I started thinking...I do know how to make a bomb.

I should probably add that I was a co-op at a company that made fuses for bombs.  For those who know me, imagine me running around with C6 and H2SNO4.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(4,756 Views)

Ah, gone are the days (1994) that my friend could hand carry a automotive starter motor through security onto our return flight. Dutifully put it under the seat ahead of him, rather than in the overhead, caused a bit of a kerfluffle when, during the braking part of the landing, it rolled several seats forward. Ah, those were the days. I will say that those of us travelling with him didn't get in the security line immediately adjacent to him.!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(4,680 Views)