From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Search

I am a little shocked that the VISTA operating system does not have the same abilities as the windows xp system had.

Like, there was a very cool search routine in windows XP which was a lot like the "grep" utility where you could search for a particular sentance inside a file and you could search all files. Right now, I am trying to find my business plan and something like that could come in handy now.

What is the secret selection to make in the Advanced tab that allows me to search for a particular sentence or word within a file?

<br>
<br>[img][/IMG]

Also it seems that the business class of vista is not friendly with the google desktop.

<br>
<br>[img][/IMG]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,336 Views)

This is Breakpoint forum - a social forum. Please post in the LabVIEW forum for more responses.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,326 Views)
The question is completely unrelated to LabVIEW so I don't know why you would point him there. The question should be posted to one of the Microsoft forums.
Message 3 of 6
(7,321 Views)

Sorry and thanks Dennis.

I saw some threads where such kinds of not related to LabVIEW questions are also answered by people who knows something more about that and willing to share their thoughts. That's why i pointed him out there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,318 Views)

Maybe the guy is just venting.

Calgon, take me away! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,278 Views)
Also the google desktop problem seems to be due to the fact that he has 64bit vista.
Message Edited by altenbach on 01-21-2009 01:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,273 Views)