BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very pleased with my PIN

Having attended the NI Days 2011 conference in London last week, I was very pleased to receive a pin badge from National Instruments acknowledging my Architect status. Very nice pin, I keep it on my desk with pride knowing there are only about 20 of us in the UK who own one of these.

CLApin.JPG

However, I wonder if this is another test? Smiley Very Happy

CLApin_err2.jpg

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 1 of 19
(9,458 Views)

I had to miss the NI Day.

As far as I can tell, I missed my front seat in the main lecture hall, and now a pin.

I have had an email about the European Architect Summit in Newbury next year though, so I will hopefully meet some people there

(9,438 Views)

Thoric,

Must have been a marketing person! The NI technical people would have written a spell checker in LabVIEW, LVOOP, no doubt, to verify before sending to manufacturing and a Vision-based quality control check afterwards.

Otherwise, nice pin!

Lynn

Message 3 of 19
(9,395 Views)

That is a nice looking pin. I wonder if CLAs in the US can get one too.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(9,352 Views)
I expect so, I didn't realise you didn't already have them? Although it was said these were a "world's first" at NI Days, so maybe they're still working on getting them rolled out globally? 🙂
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(9,344 Views)

Reading the title to the thread I figured you had found a nice string of digits to protect your bank account.  I was hoping you would then share it, but no. 

Is that a typo, or just "Queen's English".  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
(9,335 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Reading the title to the thread I figured you had found a nice string of digits to protect your bank account.  I was hoping you would then share it, but no. 

Is that a typo, or just "Queen's English".  Smiley Very Happy

Same here "12345".

The local NI rep stoped in to visit today and he is going to figure out how we can get similar pins. I'd settlefor the rejected typo version. It would be very appropriate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 19
(9,326 Views)

CONGRATS! now take one if hte "i"s out of your signature!  NI must spell cetfied correctly---- hmmmmm.... know spelling checker offeringSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 19
(9,313 Views)

Well, at least they spelled LabVIEW correctly. What more do you want?

Message 9 of 19
(9,306 Views)

Polish up that pin and keep it locked up.

I just recieved word they were UK only and are no longer available.

Bummer!

A pin I could have used. The polo shirts* are something I never wear but the pin...

Ben

* Polo shirt don't mix with suspenders or bib-overalls.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 10 of 19
(9,263 Views)