BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected yet delightful little glyph

Working in the LabVIEW Project tree today I suddenly saw that one of my virtual folders had an icon a little different from the rest....

envelope_glyph.jpg

After a little investigation I've learned that a Virtual Folder with the string "message" at the beginning causes a delightful little envelope glyph to appear over the drab grey folder icon.

I can't find any documentation to explain this, and I can't see a reason for any of my installed toolkits to do this, so I was wondering:

What other automatic glyphs might be overlaid for virtual folder names with particular content?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 1 of 7
(7,100 Views)

I could not reproduce this in LabVIEW 2012.  Attatched is my test project and class.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,077 Views)

This might be a bit Greek.  Does this look familliar?

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,061 Views)

I'm not seeing this either.  And yes Jeff, I do recognize thatSmiley Wink

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,058 Views)

My vague recollection is that this is done by one of the external project providers, possibly Symbio's GDS.

(7,054 Views)

I'm using LV2011, no Greek here, but I do have Symbio's GDS installed! It must be that!?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,028 Views)

I think its something due to the Actor Framework.

Just re-read you are only using 2011, then I am sure it is GDS that is doing it. They also have the ability to change the glyphs for classes, which can be fun to mess around with

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,949 Views)