BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to control myself from Code cleaning !

In this specific instance it was source control that helped "byte" me. No changes had been made the code in about a year, or more accurately, no changes had been made to the deployed code. The original architect had decided that some parts needed correction, but had not actually tested them. So when I went in to make a couple of modifications my code was broken in places I had not touched. In searching through to get them going I made my other "corrections". I have tried, for two years, to convenience him that even if his changes are the correct way to go, that if they are in the "core library" that much of his enormous volume of work uses, save it with a different name, as one of the primary beefs the other developers here have with him is that when they go in to make a small change to their code they find broken arrows everywhere.

As we are migrating to a different architecture (another story), it will eventually be a moot point. But it is frustrating, in a very short turn around environment, to fix a small thing and find that unrelated stuff no longer works with your code.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(2,907 Views)