From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpanel numerical control bug

When you input a number with a alfanumerical keyboard in a numerical control on a WINCE (not XP) touchpanel which is running only ONE loop: it will be updated.
If you try to input that same number with an alfanumerical keyboard in a numerical control on a touchpanel which is running parallel loops, it will be ignored. However, using the up/down arrows to change or input a numerical control on a touchpanel running parallel loops, will update the control.
Very nasty bug when using touchpanels in operating systems: the operator has no id what hit hem, when he started his machine using default values, because the ones he entered with the keyboard, weren't updated...

there are two attachements:
TEST.vi
TESTHMI.vi
TEST.vi is the main vi to run. It contains one loop, and a reference to TESTHMI.vi, which includes another loop. So essentially, two loops in parallel. You can monitor the parallelness by looking at iter1 and iter2. Normally TESTHMI.vi should be the on top window, so you can experiment with the irresponsiveness of the numerical control, as illustrated above. You should connect an USB keyboard to the touchpanel to reproduce my bug, or you can also use the built-in software keyboard of windows CE.

I have no id wheter windows CE is responsible for this, or wheter it is the CPU that cannot handle keystroke events with multithreated applications?

To test this bug, you will need LV PDA + a touchpanel and a keyboard. I have tested this bug with LV8.5 and LV PDA 8.5 + TPC-2012 and TPC-2006T, I believe it is a general bug!!

If this gets not fixed, I will have to stop using NI touchpanels all together, since they are to dangerous to use.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,882 Views)
Hi!
   You posted to the wrong board, please post on LabView board, and attach attachments!

have a nice day!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,879 Views)
My appologees for posting this twice here, I tried to post it also in another group, but accidently ended up here again...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,878 Views)

You should aviod posting to multiple forum groups as it just leads to confusion.

Make sure the Select Forum control is set to the forum you intend to post too as sometimes this is set to the wrong board.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 4
(5,866 Views)