BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Hooovahh

@Hooovahh wrote:

Flint Michigan, we spell classy C-O-N-E-Y.

Mmmmmm....coney

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 460
(16,156 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Flint Michigan, we spell classy C-O-N-E-Y.

Mmmmmm....coney

Oh god, now you've done it. You've opened another localite-argument pandora's box. Smiley Tongue . Not many people outside of Cincinnati like the idea of Cincinnati chili. I always get "Cinammon and cocoa in chili? That's not chili".

A slightly more annoying argument is two Cincinnatians arguing Gold Star vs Skyline. (Homemade Cincinnati chili beats both)

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 460
(16,152 Views)

Hooovahh wrote:

Me:  I work around the Detroit area.

Hmm, maybe I should stay out of this discussion, but I've only been to Detroit once and it was't pretty. 😄 About 20 years ago we were on a flight to Milwaukee in winter when they closed the airport an re-reouted our plane to Detroit. We landed in the dark in a strong crosswind, with sleet flying horizontally, got lodged at a dumpy airport hotel and left early in the morning before dawn with the next available flight.

Seriously, we heard similar stories about LA when we decided to move here back in '85. Keep the rumors up so it won't get any more crowded! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 460
(16,136 Views)

FYI the airport isn't really near downtown. It is about 30 minutes, or 30 miles away.  But yeah bad weather happens.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 460
(16,134 Views)

Altenbach's story sounds like my two most recent visits to Atlanta. Bad weather, flight cancelled (or missed) dumpy hotel near airport. First time, about 5 years ago, the Airline paid, this time it was my nickel (and $74.39 more). Worst part this time (on our return from NIWeek) was thinking "tactically it would have been better to take the fight out of Austin the next morning, stay and have fun", the second worst part, picking the hotel online, from the airport, and realizing it was the same one the airline had put me up in years before. I don't think any major maintenance had been performed in the intervening time!

Another major commodity of Flint, Police Tape. My Aunt lives in a neighborhood originally built for GM middle management, now it is very bad. Her immediate neighbors, bless them, are great, help keep track of her (she is in her 80's). Oh well, the same story can be repeated for too many Northern cities in the US.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 460
(16,120 Views)

"Huh, you really seem to be gung ho about this LabVIEW thing."

Message 76 of 460
(16,055 Views)

A day or two ago I got "I walked past his (me) desk and thought 'He must know a lot about LabVIEW.'"

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 77 of 460
(16,042 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

A day or two ago I got "I walked past his (me) desk and thought 'He must know a lot about LabVIEW.'"

I can see this quote being on a cartoon where your desk is littered with LabVIEW logos (which, I'm sure it is)

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 460
(16,030 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

I can see this quote being on a cartoon where your desk is littered with LabVIEW logos (which, I'm sure it is)

Mugs, flyers, NI Week badges, framed certifications, boxes of old LabVIEW versions, LabVIEW books, while wearing a LabVIEW t-shirt.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 460
(16,028 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Mugs, flyers, NI Week badges, framed certifications, boxes of old LabVIEW versions, LabVIEW books, while wearing a LabVIEW t-shirt.

You are actually really close.  You forgot the "Powered By LabVIEW" stickers and a road sign I had made when I first started in my current position (LabVIEW LN).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 460
(16,013 Views)