BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Hooovahh

@Hooovahh wrote:
By the way the code review finished, and all suggestions to improve it were discarded. I asked why we were wasting time with the review and i was told this was more of a training meeting where others could learn about the code. I asked why then this was called a code review...no real answer has been mentioned.

OUCH!

I must admit that I have had better experiences in "Code Reviews" than that... I have had poor "Code Reviews" as well---- as previous comments atest.

To effect change:  Really that is what you want to do at a code review.  Either in the reviewed code or, in what you develop next. Smiley Surprised YUP effect change in behavior..................That is the definition of "Learning" I was taught.  

Let me assure you I have seen that you have the same reasons to hold a code review as I.  Has that come off possitive enough to stroke your talent for this LabVIEW thingy?  PM or even call me.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 460
(16,130 Views)
I'm not sure I understand the question. Has code reviews made me a better programmer? Yes. Dialog with developers, even if their skills are less than mine, can have a positive improvement in personal techniques in coding.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 460
(16,122 Views)

Referring to the original title "This is Hooovahh", I finally met you, and a thoroughly nice chap you are too.

Hopefully my sense of direction will improve before next NI Week, otherwise I could get quite lost! Thanks for relying on Google Maps and not me! Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 460
(16,088 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

Referring to the original title "This is Hooovahh", I finally met you, and a thoroughly nice chap you are too.

Hopefully my sense of direction will improve before next NI Week, otherwise I could get quite lost! Thanks for relying on Google Maps and not me! Smiley Very Happy

I appreciate the complement and likewise enjoyed hanging out with you.  For those not in on the joke, Thoric, tried getting us lost 3 times in the matter of an hour.  The first two times I corrected him, the last time I let him go and we had to back track.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 460
(16,083 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

I met him too!  Little did he and I know, we actually met last year.  That was an interesting conversation.  Made the rest of the week fun.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 460
(16,082 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I met him too!  Little did he and I know, we actually met last year.  That was an interesting conversation.  Made the rest of the week fun.

You weren't the only one.  Apparently Jeremy Marquis and I met last year too but neither of us knew.  I just found his business card from last year in my cube this morning.  I guess that means I wasn't very memorable last year.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 460
(16,079 Views)

I guess that means that people need their forum name and icon on their badge. You know, complete with LED for the glint.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
Message 57 of 460
(16,075 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

I guess that means that people need their forum name and icon on their badge. You know, complete with LED for the glint.

That is exactly what I plan on doing for next year...minus the LEDs that is.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 460
(16,069 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JW-L3CE wrote:

That is exactly what I plan on doing for next year...minus the LEDs that is.

That's what selfiees are for:

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 460
(16,052 Views)

Animated GIF calls for an old phone display to (ab)use 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 60 of 460
(16,046 Views)