From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Hooovahh

But do you have a full set of LabVIEW 4.0 manuals? Back then, they included an impressive stack of books!

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 460
(15,958 Views)

I've got a box of LabVIEW 2.5 manuals AND the blue floppies. I don't actually have a machine with a floppy drive up and running at the moment (I just had the horrifying thought that I hope I used my default, home office machine, password).

Remember when you had to ask for specific instrument drivers and they sent them on a floppy?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 82 of 460
(15,953 Views)

So ebay is a nice place for old LabVIEW stuff some times.  Here is some 3.1.1 manuals, of course it looks like it is missing some.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/National-Instruments-LabView-for-Windows-Software-Documentation-Manuals-V-3-...

All I have is LabVIEW 7.1 (one of my favorite) and an early version of DIAdem.

EDIT:  Heck I would just pay a few bucks if someone scanned the outside of a software box so I could print it out as if it were the real thing.

0 Kudos
Message 83 of 460
(15,941 Views)

One of our EE's is "cleaning out his closet".... our common table by the lab looks like a museum.  MiniScribe hard drives, squeaky dialup modems, rather large disk drives... Smiley LOL
"About 2.5MB."

Message 84 of 460
(15,930 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

One of our EE's is "cleaning out his closet".... our common table by the lab looks like a museum.  MiniScribe hard drives, squeaky dialup modems, rather large disk drives... Smiley LOL
"About 2.5MB."

That's neat and all, but I think a better guage of bragging rights around these parts, is old NI / LabVIEW stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 460
(15,924 Views)

I used to have a full set of LV 3-something manuals which I used as a backing material on a gas gun. If your projectile made it through the Kevlar successfully, there was little chance it would go on to penetrate all those books.

LabVIEW 3 might have been well before my time, but I definitely found it useful in catching the odd stray bullet 🙂

---
CLA
Message 86 of 460
(15,881 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

"About 2.5MB."

Ahh the good ole' days of Oliver Wendell Jones waiting for answers from his Banana Jr. 6000.

<whrrrr click .... whrrrr click ...>

Smiley Very Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 460
(15,864 Views)

I spent a bit too much time recently searching for old software boxes to have on a shelf as a novelty.  I bought a Windows 3.1 box with manuals and 3.5 floppies for $15 shipped.  Maybe one day I'll have a LabVIEW 3 box to go next to it.  Since really it is just the box I'm interested in I tried scanning the 6 sides of the LabVIEW 7.1 box I have so I could upload it and others could print it out.  The scan didn't go so well, many subtleties in the art on the box that didn't translate well.  Attached was my failed attempt.

Message 88 of 460
(15,844 Views)

Co-worker:  "That number is fine but can we see it on a graph?"

Hooovahh:  "BY THE POWER OF LABVIEW" (in Prince Adam voice)

0 Kudos
Message 89 of 460
(15,763 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Co-worker:  "That number is fine but can we see it on a graph?"

Hooovahh:  "BY THE POWER OF LABVIEW" (in Prince Adam voice)

Ahhh, cartoon references from when I was 2.  He-Man is awesome.  And I found a station that shows it on Saturday mornings!!!

But shouldn't it be by the power of National Instruments (referring to NI headquarters as a sacred castle)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 460
(15,758 Views)