BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The start of a new era dawns with The passing of the first Knight.

My condolences to all his friends and family.

I will think of him now when reading is great contributions.

Juergen 

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 78
(11,079 Views)

Might I suggest that he get remembered at NI week this year? Perhaps, one chair in the Champion seating section decorated in black?  Perhaps, a comment during a keynote about the value of the community and passing of the first knight?

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

Message 32 of 78
(11,020 Views)

@bsvare wrote:

Might I suggest that he get remembered at NI week this year? Perhaps, one chair in the Champion seating section decorated in black?  Perhaps, a comment during a keynote about the value of the community and passing of the first knight?

One small modification.  "Black" is the color of a "Broken wire" in LabVIEW.  Perhaps, a teal- green, chair decoration would help all of us LV developers celebrate him by referenceSmiley Sad

Kudos!

Refnum color vs Black for "Mourning a Knight" is, of course, unprecedented.  Yet, I believe a "Black" colored shroud (or any at all) would just embarass the humble (yet pointed) online persona of  him.  Again, I wish I had had an opportunity to meet him.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 78
(10,881 Views)

I left the NI forum community a while ago, but I learned of this news today and had to log in and include my deep sadness over losing Dennis. I looked up to him throughout the time I was a member of the NI forums. I am truly sad that he is gone.

Rest in peace, Dennis. You deserve it.

Message 34 of 78
(10,845 Views)

Even if I'm not extensively using LabVIEW in my job, nevertheless I knew Dennis as one of the most active forum users. He was one of the persons that made me feel to pertain to a good and valuable community. This community will miss you, Dennis. I will miss you.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Dennis

you are great inspiration to all of us. Thank for all the things you have done for labview.

regards

senthil

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 78
(10,762 Views)

Oh my goodness! I haven't been on the forums much recently, and particularly the Breakpoint part and so I only hear of Dennis' passing just now! He will be missed! There have been many times over the years that his answers to others have helped me, either directly or influencing how I looked at the problem at hand. My condolences go out to his family, and this community of friends.

Rest in Peace Dennis.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 78
(10,719 Views)

Just heard this sad news today. Robot Sad

My condolences to everybody he leaves behind, especially family and friends.

I learned so much from Dennis on these forums when I was starting; I had really hoped to sit down one say and buy him several beers to say thanks. Indeed he was the first person to answer the first question I ever posted here on the forum, and his answer was spot on, even including a VI to do exactlly as I needed, just what a newbie required. Smiley Very Happy

As others have said, Dennis's posts were usually completely to the point, and excellent advice. I too was amazed at how quickly he responded to questions, and the volume of questions he answered is incredible.

You will be missed Sir Knight Dennis Knutson

ps: 38,911 posts. Incredible.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 78
(10,683 Views)

Dennis did a fantastic job by helping and sharing.

I bet I'll still find some of his answers helpfull in the upcoming years.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 78
(10,463 Views)

Very sorry to hear the news 😞

May his soul RIP

As every other member, going to miss him so much.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 78
(10,393 Views)