BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The start of a new era dawns with The passing of the first Knight.

Very sorry to hear about this.  Much of what I know about serial comms and instrument drivers came from Dennis and his posts.  Thank goodness we have the forums to preserve his straightforward and to the point 'guidance'.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 78
(10,739 Views)

Dennis was the ultimate pragmatist and always had time to help others. The LabVIEW community stands on his shoulders.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Message 22 of 78
(10,672 Views)

What sad news and what a big loss for the LabVIEW community!

Dennis was one of the invariants. He was that mythical wizard that most (incl. me) never met in person.  His domain knowledge was legendary and I am sure that his posts will continue to collect kudos for decades to come. His wisdom lives on!

If the creators of IBM Watson and Google Deepmind want to advance their technology, they should investigate what Dennis was able to do using only a human brain running on 20W of power. We are not there yet!

Message 23 of 78
(10,665 Views)

Very sad news.   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 78
(10,627 Views)

I am hoping there is some mistake of fact here.  Dennis' passing is saddening to me personally.  Yet, how many "Firsts" did he accomplish in the LabVIEW community!?  

Dennis had made the entire "LabVIEW Community" his family.  I will not forget his kind words to me when I relocated to Millwaukee.  He encouraged me to find the statue of his relative in Juneau Park.  I had already visited and, with a name like "Knutson" involved, I needed to get clairification on which of the two statues there was related.

Spoiler

His passion for helping others helped guide my own desire to share with this community.  I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him at the round table of Knights.  I'm still a few posts shy- but, I hope his influence will still be felt on the forums.  I know I will always feel it!

Now, because it must almost be expected of me.......

Spoiler
Hey, Dennis!  When you automate access to the Pearly Gates Database-  There is no thorn in "Jeff Bohrer" And, I go on the "Good List."  Fair Winds and following seas!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 78
(10,622 Views)

Extremely sad news 😞

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 78
(10,581 Views)

My condolences to all his friends and family. 

I read many of his posts and replies over the years.  Denis helped the forums and by extension, LabVIEW; fun.  

Dennis will be missed. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 78
(10,496 Views)

I just saw this post a few minutes ago 😞 Rest in peace.

I think his impact on the LabVIEW community gained him real immortality, I will meet his posts always when I search for some solutions in the discussion forum. His help is still ongoing.

Message 28 of 78
(10,469 Views)

it is very sad to here the demise of first knight of NI,...Cat Sad

May his soul Rest In Peace....

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 78
(10,380 Views)

I just got to read these sad news…

Dennis will be missed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019