BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The start of a new era dawns with The passing of the first Knight.

Dennis must be smiling as he is remembered in this thread.  He was an inspiration to many of us.  He has been a proponent of LabVIEW and graphical programming for a long time.  As some will recall, we named the Knight of NI for him as he was a big Monty Python fan.  Tony Vento

Message 11 of 78
(11,704 Views)

That's a real downer. He will be missed by many here!

May he find peace and rest in a different place.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 78
(11,690 Views)

My condolences and thoughts go out to Dennis' friends and family. He made a great impact on many people in the community and his presence will be missed.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 78
(11,671 Views)

Such sad news, I always appreciated how much Dennis contributed to the LabVIEW community, not only with the quantity of his contributions, but also with the quality of his answers. Dennis knew how to answer questions in the most succinct, yet still helpful, way possible. He truly was the World's Fastest LabVIEW Forum Poster.

RIP Dennis

Message 14 of 78
(11,651 Views)

May his love and light continue to shine as brightly as ever and resonate throughout the universe. He has helped so many on his journey through this plane. He will be missed and remembered as one of the great ones.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 78
(11,560 Views)

Dennis was one of those constants I could always rely on being there as I bounced in and out of the forums over the last ten years.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 78
(11,537 Views)

I am saddened by the news.  😞

I think Dennis was the first contributor to help me with my first question in these forums.  He has helped thousands in the LabVIEW forum and was devoted to teaching the proper coding methods.  He was truly service to others and he will probably continue to do so with much love and light.  I actually spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and tried to recruit him to join our company.  Although he did not personally know most of us, I am sure that he considered us part of his family. 

He has rejoined the love of his life which had left an empty space when she passed a number of years ago.  I know he will be missed by many in these forums. 

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 78
(11,523 Views)

It is really shocking to hear that Dennis is no more! Words won't be enough to pay tribute for his contribution to these forums.

Our deepest condolences from India. May his soul rest in peace, forever!

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 78
(11,443 Views)

I was never faster to read Dennis replies. Deep condolences to Dennis family and friends, May his soul rest in peace. There is no other person I can think of who can take up the role Dennis played in NI community. Thank you Dennis, We'll miss you.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 78
(11,431 Views)

Our brain trust just got a little smaller. Sad news. Condolences to all. He was a true guru and will be missed. RIP, Dennis.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 78
(11,406 Views)