BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The misspellings of LabVIEW

The misspellings of the word LabVIEW always drives me nuts; pet peeve of mine. But, I was getting ready to post on the LabVIEW jobs board for an available subcontractor position and realized how many people, both prospective employees and employers on the prowl, are spelling LabVIEW wrong in job postings/resumes etc! For some reason, it drove me crazy enough to come here and rant. This is all I have to say...just curious if it gets under the skin of anyone else?

Message 1 of 28
(8,159 Views)

I frequently get inquiries from headhunters looking for labview or LABVIEW or Lab View programmers. If you won't take a minute to look it up to simply spell it correctly you'll get no commission from me. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(8,134 Views)

We actually throw away any resumes that have LabVIEW spelled wrong (when looking for a LabVIEW position).  But the place that cracks me up is Test and Measurement World always spells it "Labview", "labview", or sometimes even "LabView".  And they are never consistent.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(8,129 Views)

I have been using the lab view since six years.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 28
(8,120 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

I have been using the lab view since six years.

Wow....seriously laughed out loud.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(8,114 Views)

Even NI seems to have some problems.

LABVIEW.jpg

Message 6 of 28
(8,100 Views)

Even NI spelled it wrong, check out the cover page of the last Instrumentation Newsletter.

I bet there was a long discussion within the ranks regarding the license plate....

http://www.ni.com/pdf/newsletters/us/INL_Q1_2013_IA.pdf

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(8,099 Views)

Darn you JB, I missed it by that much while busy searching for that last issue.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(8,096 Views)

Well, in fairness to NI, you're not allowed to have lowercase letters on license plates.  Not any plate I've seen anyway, and I've seen a lot.  My dad is a big collector.

(I'm assuming I'm not overlooking another use of it..)

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(8,091 Views)

I concider all caps in situations like that fine.  Now all caps in text is just wrong.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(8,085 Views)