BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SON OF A...

I repaired my pants the easy way. Bought new ones at lunch!

Message 11 of 78
(10,958 Views)

I was going to suggest duct tape on the inside of the jeans, and holding the tear closed. But buying new jeans is a solution to wearing ripped jeans too.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 78
(10,936 Views)

Pfft, duct tape and stapler.

Real EE's use a soldering iron! It's like sewing with wire. Add some heat shrink and a heat gun for good measure.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
Message 13 of 78
(10,909 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Real EE's use a soldering iron! It's like sewing with wire. Add some heat shrink and a heat gun for good measure.

I suppose sitting on an icepack in the Burns Unit is a pretty good way of getting out of wearing ripped trousers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 78
(10,896 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Disclaimer: this must be done WHILE wearing the pants for full EE status.

Message 15 of 78
(10,891 Views)

EE's prefer repairing 'shorts' rather than pants!

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 16 of 78
(10,878 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Disclaimer: this must be done WHILE wearing the pants for full EE status.

If you're bad at soldering, there are 3 bonuses: Learning from negative reinforcement, a few days off work, and giving the doctor a funny story to tell.
Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 78
(10,870 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

Anyone remeber double knits?

No solder required.

But while on the topic of ... While cleaning my SKS last night, a rag saturated with some argressive solvert dropped into my lap. Soon I noticed a sensation that brough back memories of an over-filled Zippo lighter in my pocket. It did not take me long to put the pieces together and the next thing you know I was doing a "ventaltaion dance".

All is well since the dance worked.

All jokes involving "Ballroom dancing" are of course fair game now.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 18 of 78
(10,855 Views)

Well, just last week I did try fixing a button on my pants using a soldering iron while I was wearing them. True story.

Although, I should probably point out that the button itself wasn't on the pants at the time. And it didn't work.

@tst wrote:

Although, I should probably point out that the button itself wasn't on the pants at the time. And it didn't work.

Was it a plastic button? That would definitely cause problems Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 78
(10,825 Views)