BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SON OF A...

I got to work, realized either my washer or drier had ripped my jeans rightttt through the crotch. :headbang:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 78
(15,478 Views)

Did you realize it before or after the meeting with the boss?

Lynn

Message 2 of 78
(15,472 Views)

Or running into the younger members of the team, particularly those of the opposite gender!?   Stapler/Duct tape in an emergency.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 3 of 78
(15,469 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Or running into the younger members of the team, particularly those of the opposite gender!?   Stapler/Duct tape in an emergency.

I realized it when someone from HR wrote me up! Just kidding. Realized as I got out of my car.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 78
(15,467 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Did you realize it before or after the meeting with the boss?

Lynn

Before. Although I never really do this, I think today might be a good day to start crossing my legs!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 78
(15,466 Views)

Just sit at your desk with the chair pulled in and it will look like you're working real hard. "Can't talk - busy."

Rob

Message 6 of 78
(15,463 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

I got to work, realized either my washer or drier had ripped my jeans rightttt through the crotch. :headbang:

Back in my Radio Shack days, I was cleaning stuff up before opening.  I walked by the computer display and my pants got caught and ripped all the way off.  Packing tape and a quick trip to Kohl's fixed my problem.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 78
(15,460 Views)

<grin>

Back in college, I used to take the bus a lot -- to school, to my internship, to my waitressing job, etc.

One not-so-fine morning I boarded the bus to go to school.  I sat down on the seat and rrrrrrriiiiiip!  The denim cutoffs I was wearing ripped right across the butt.  All. The. Way. Across. Both. Cheeks.

Nice.

Fortunately I was wearing a pair of opaque tights underneath.  (I had changed my major from Theater to Electrical Engineering a few months previously and still dressed like a theater major.)

I was going to tell you to "hang in there" but I thought better of it.  Smiley Happy  You might be better off hanging out instead.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 78
(15,437 Views)

@DianeS wrote:

<grin>

Fortunately I was wearing a pair of opaque tights underneath.  (I had changed my major from Theater to Electrical Engineering a few months previously and still dressed like a theater major.)

Do electrical engineers really dress better than theater majors? I'm not so sure about this one. Furthermore, maybe this was the beginning of the ripped shorts and tights style. Didn't 80's groupies wear these sorts of things? (disclaimer: I do not know your age, I am simply using a time period as a reference Smiley Happy)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 78
(15,433 Views)

EE majors don't dress better than theater majors...but they do dress differently! 

And you're not too far off on the time period...this was in the 90's.  Smiley Happy

Oh, and if you're going to repair your pants using a stapler, I recommend you proceed with some caution.

Message 10 of 78
(15,417 Views)