BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

Nested For loops with N values of 24, 60, and 60 and 1000ms Wait.

Just a timer.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 1671 of 2,565
(10,392 Views)

(seen here)

OK, I was told to use a FOR loop to process an array of images. I think an even better idea would be to put the code into a FOR loop with a 1 wired to N and duplicate that FOR loop as many times as I need. Unfortunately, I now get 3D arrays at the output tunnel.

(Look at the navigation window for the extent of the problem!)

Message 1672 of 2,565
(10,309 Views)

altenbach wrote:

OK, I was told to use a FOR loop to process an array of images. I think an even better idea would be to put the code into a FOR loop with a 1 wired to N and duplicate that FOR loop as many times as I need. Unfortunately, I now get 3D arrays at the output tunnel.

As if the multiple single run FOR loops wan't enough, it was the filepath constants inside them that really got me gobsmacked.

I sat there stunned until I read the filename you gave the image which finally snapped me out of it... looplooplooplooploop.png LOL! Smiley LOL

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 1673 of 2,565
(10,305 Views)

Is there a better word than 'insane'?! Smiley Indifferent

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 1674 of 2,565
(10,304 Views)

@parthabe wrote:

Is there a better word than 'insane'?! Smiley Indifferent

Loopy.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 1675 of 2,565
(10,260 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(seen here)

(Look at the navigation window for the extent of the problem!)

"Oh! you said "paralelized For Loop" not  "paralel For Loops"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1676 of 2,565
(10,314 Views)

@Ben wrote:

"Oh! you said "paralelized For Loop" not  "paralel For Loops"

Yes, maybe that guy is way ahead of us and is designing the code for the massively parallel quantum computer of the future. 😄

Message 1677 of 2,565
(10,295 Views)

Well to be fair if someone says to make parallel for loops, and you didn't know about that feature in LabVIEW, the literal translation seems appropriate.  Overly complicated, but appropriate.  So glad LabVIEW does this for us with a simple right click.

0 Kudos
Message 1678 of 2,565
(10,233 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Well to be fair if someone says to make parallel for loops, and you didn't know about that feature in LabVIEW, the literal translation seems appropriate.  Overly complicated, but appropriate.  So glad LabVIEW does this for us with a simple right click.

Confesion time!

Once apon a time, in a program far far away...

I actually split up the array processing using parallel loops and it worked to improve the performance.

So who am I to judge?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1679 of 2,565
(10,229 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Well to be fair if someone says to make parallel for loops, and you didn't know about that feature in LabVIEW, the literal translation seems appropriate.

Of course nobody said anything like that in the quoted thread.

0 Kudos
Message 1680 of 2,565
(10,215 Views)