From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

@parthabe wrote:

Today's delight! 🙂

Stern Warning! When there is no error from the H/W, you should be extra careful with the way you code. 😉

Rube Goldberg Code for Error-NoError.jpg

The case structure only looks at the boolean part of the error cluster. If the wire has a warning (false + error code), this code will reset it.

I don't know if that's the actual intended case, though.

@parthabe wrote:

Today's delight! 🙂

Stern Warning! When there is no error from the H/W, you should be extra careful with the way you code. 😉 

Maybe if things work properly then warnings will be generated, and you want to clear it?

EDIT: Beat again.

0 Kudos
Message 1542 of 2,571
(10,414 Views)

Edited: Ignore Post, didn't read the next page... 🙂

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 1543 of 2,571
(10,392 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:
Maybe if things work properly then warnings will be generated, and you want to clear it?

But that's why we have the "clear errors" primitive.

No need for case structures, tunnels, selectors, diagram constants, etc. (Well, they are still all there, just inside a system VI :D)

0 Kudos
Message 1544 of 2,571
(10,375 Views)

I think the clear specific error primitive is very recent...    I don't have it, and I'm running LV 2012.     

(I acutally do have a clear specific error vi in my user library, and have always wondered why NI didn't have it included themselves... )

Without the new primitive, the shown way does seem to be a fast and clean method to remove the warnings.

0 Kudos
Message 1545 of 2,571
(10,369 Views)

@Anthony_de_Vries wrote:

I think the clear specific error primitive is very recent...    I don't have it, and I'm running LV 2012.     

But you have the clear all errors (same, but without the upper input), which is similar to what is discussed here.

@Anthony_de_Vries wrote:

Without the new primitive, the shown way does seem to be a fast and clean method to remove the warnings.

Personally I would probably have left out the diagram constant and used a "use default if unwired" output tunnel. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 1546 of 2,571
(10,373 Views)

@Anthony_de_Vries wrote:

AFAIK, there is no Clear Specific Errors VI. There is only a Clear Errors VI, and it is available in LV 2011 also.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 1547 of 2,571
(10,368 Views)

Yup Clear Errors has existed since at least 2011.  Clear errors selectivly exists in 2014 nativly.  Of course OpenG and MGI have had their own versions of filtering errors for a while.

0 Kudos
Message 1548 of 2,571
(10,354 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Yup Clear Errors has existed since at least 2011.

It is there in 8.5 also. If I remember correctly, it was there in 7.x as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1549 of 2,571
(10,337 Views)

@parthabe wrote:

It is there in 8.5 also. If I remember correctly, it was there in 7.x as well.

Looks like it was introduced in 7.0. 🙂

http://labviewwiki.org/Error_handling

Message 1550 of 2,571
(10,333 Views)