BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo-call from NI

I just got a robo-call from NI because I registered for the upcoming NI Day conference.  Robot Mad

That was a mistake.  I would have thought NI's marketing department was smarter than that.

I will now make sure to give a fake phone number in all my NI profiles.

I don't mind getting relevant phone calls from NI.  But put a person on the phone.  Not a machine!

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(12,131 Views)

Just editted my profile to remove my phone number.  And I saw this.  They shouldnt be calling people who have specifically asked NOT to be called.

Untitled.png

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(12,128 Views)

Yeah, I used to get calls from the local sales rep (not the field support rep) all the time just because I was making up PXI configurations for proposals or even just out of pure curiousity.  Always annoyed me.

But the ones that give me the biggest laugh are the emails about events coming up.  "Sign up for LabVIEW Core 1 and 2".  Ummm....I'm the one teaching it!  That was the most recent one for me.  There have been a lot more before that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(12,099 Views)

As a long time LV user it is also funny (read "annoying") to receive emails like "Welcome to LabVIEW. Below instructions will help you to start..." after navigating on some pages on ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,073 Views)

I know wat you meen. I just singed up for a CLAD exam and downloaded the prep package. 
and then thy call me to ask me if and when I was planning to do the exam. -_-

Learning LabVIEW since January 2013
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(12,065 Views)

@LordNobady wrote:

I know wat you meen. I just singed up for a CLAD exam and downloaded the prep package. 
and then thy call me to ask me if and when I was planning to do the exam. -_-

That happens to me all the time when I'm trying to help people prepare for the CLAD.  I am a CLA.  I don't think I need to sign up for the CLAD.

I actually put in a complaint to some people while I was at the CLA Summit back in March.  I was basically told that NI has several databases and they don't talk to each other.  So if you do anything on their site, your data gets put into a database and automatic emails are sent regardless.  NI really needs to do some research in getting these databases talking to each other.  That would reduce a large percentage of the emails I get from NI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(12,057 Views)

But you only have the CLA, you can get an extra letter going for the CLAD!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
(12,041 Views)

Robo Calls should be illegal!

Spoiler
enough said!  :(Robot Mad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(11,889 Views)