BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regex failures in the wild!

Not really a LabVIEW problem, but in the breakpoint, everything goes! 😄 (There are a few regex experts her after all...).

I was browsing the video-on-demand section on Verizon FIOS and it seems that some genius programmer had the bright idea to globally replace the word "stereo" with "Dolby 5.1". 😄

Product placement gone wrong?

An interesting side effect is that the word "stereotypes" got changed to "Dolby 5.1types". Hilarious!

Message 1 of 9
(9,917 Views)

This leads to the "Clbuttic" problem: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-

Message 2 of 9
(9,761 Views)

I had never heard of the Scunthorpe problem until now. Funny stuff. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,738 Views)

CLBUTTIC!-  I wonder how you would say that in Chineese?

@nathand wrote:

This leads to the "Clbuttic" problem: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,700 Views)

Those of us in the various commonwealth realms get quite a lot of word filtering issues.

One over here in Aus is a forum which censors out a certain three letter word in the middle of the word "documet", by replacing it with asterisks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,556 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Those of us in the various commonwealth realms get quite a lot of word filtering issues.

One over here in Aus is a forum which censors out a certain three letter word in the middle of the word "documet", by replacing it with asterisks.

That should have read "document".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,542 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

That should have read "document".

I guessed that, seeing as the forum would have spelled it "docu***t".  Can't have children seeing that three-letter word can we?

Message 7 of 9
(9,501 Views)

NIgel has flown the coop. (on a site hosted by a company named after a rare earth metal)

No No No, I don't have any employment history with our favorite corporation!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,760 Views)

Another fine failure

Capture1.PNG

Oh my! I hope they do better on HIPPA compliance

Message 9 of 9
(6,739 Views)