From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regex failures in the wild!

Not really a LabVIEW problem, but in the breakpoint, everything goes! 😄 (There are a few regex experts her after all...).

I was browsing the video-on-demand section on Verizon FIOS and it seems that some genius programmer had the bright idea to globally replace the word "stereo" with "Dolby 5.1". 😄

Product placement gone wrong?

An interesting side effect is that the word "stereotypes" got changed to "Dolby 5.1types". Hilarious!

Message 1 of 9
(9,951 Views)

This leads to the "Clbuttic" problem: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-

Message 2 of 9
(9,795 Views)

I had never heard of the Scunthorpe problem until now. Funny stuff. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,772 Views)

CLBUTTIC!-  I wonder how you would say that in Chineese?

@nathand wrote:

This leads to the "Clbuttic" problem: http://thedailywtf.com/articles/The-Clbuttic-Mistake-

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,734 Views)

Those of us in the various commonwealth realms get quite a lot of word filtering issues.

One over here in Aus is a forum which censors out a certain three letter word in the middle of the word "documet", by replacing it with asterisks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,590 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Those of us in the various commonwealth realms get quite a lot of word filtering issues.

One over here in Aus is a forum which censors out a certain three letter word in the middle of the word "documet", by replacing it with asterisks.

That should have read "document".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,576 Views)

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

That should have read "document".

I guessed that, seeing as the forum would have spelled it "docu***t".  Can't have children seeing that three-letter word can we?

Message 7 of 9
(9,535 Views)

NIgel has flown the coop. (on a site hosted by a company named after a rare earth metal)

No No No, I don't have any employment history with our favorite corporation!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,794 Views)

Another fine failure

Capture1.PNG

Oh my! I hope they do better on HIPPA compliance

Message 9 of 9
(6,773 Views)