BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@JÞB wrote:

Ben that was absolutely "CUTE"

Do remind the aspiring film-maker that there is a slight distinction between hydrophilia and hydrophobia while you teach appropriate methods to use soap.

Spoiler
From a G-Daddy of 5 + TWO on the way!

Thanks Jeff.

It was subtle near the end that She and my better-half decided I should change the name of my YouTube channel to "Dr. Fuzzbear".

Now for today's thoughts.

1) Shane has changed his look! I would embed an image but it looks like the forums have gotten hit with another "improvement"...

2) The work on the Hobbit hole took a set-back last night when I discovered my math was off by about an inch.

See here since the forums embedding of images is now funky.

So I will have to break on the metal shears and do some modifications.

Edit: Now that I reported the issue with image linking...

The sheet metal adapter I am holding in place in the foreground of the above image will replace the double elbow seen in the background. Between the two is the tan colored "Rib" used for the cove ceiling. The double elbow would be a wart in the cove if left as is. The new duct adapter was designed to stay behind the coved ceiling. Problem is that it appears I am off by about an inch. Nobody to blame but myself.

Break-out the metal shears I have some refactoring to do.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1691 of 2,258
(9,814 Views)

What a great idea:

http://theuserisdrunk.com

I should do some similar but for LabVIEW 😂

Message 1692 of 2,258
(9,785 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Ben that was absolutely "CUTE"

Do remind the aspiring film-maker that there is a slight distinction between hydrophilia and hydrophobia while you teach appropriate methods to use soap.

Spoiler
From a G-Daddy of 5 + TWO on the way!

Thanks Jeff.

It was subtle near the end that She and my better-half decided I should change the name of my YouTube channel to "Dr. Fuzzbear".

Now for today's thoughts.

1) Shane has changed his look! I would embed an image but it looks like the forums have gotten hit with another "improvement"...

2) The work on the Hobbit hole took a set-back last night when I discovered my math was off by about an inch.

See here since the forums embedding of images is now funky.

So I will have to break on the metal shears and do some modifications.

Edit: Now that I reported the issue with image linking...

The sheet metal adapter I am holding in place in the foreground of the above image will replace the double elbow seen in the background. Between the two is the tan colored "Rib" used for the cove ceiling. The double elbow would be a wart in the cove if left as is. The new duct adapter was designed to stay behind the coved ceiling. Problem is that it appears I am off by about an inch. Nobody to blame but myself.

Break-out the metal shears I have some refactoring to do.

Ben

"Measure twice cut once"  I believe that even made it into the Bible 2.0

Spoiler
Join God and Jebus and The Holy Toaster and Gilberto McCheasyfries the Sheep and a slew of others in The Bible 2.0, a magical tale of drama, intrigue, fantasy, murder, magic, drugs, thermonuclear physics, sex, prison life, basket weaving, and unicorns..

Don't ask

For the record.  That's G-daddy of 4 not 5  (Plus 2 on the way)  I'm sure CA will come by soon and mention that there can be rounding errors when you can't use blue wires to do the math.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1693 of 2,258
(9,769 Views)

When I saw my son was a natural flying the drone my better-half purchased for me, I sent it home with him to practice. He reported being up to the task and we set about after dinner on Sunday. I wanted him to take it up above the house tops, get a panorama and then fly-over the backyard gardens.

With Olivia ( the eldest G-daughter) running the recording and my son at the control, the drone flew up, started the panorama and THEN the wind caught it. Only the first 50 seconds or so of the above video has any worthwhile action. After that, we get a sense of what it is like to be a drone stuck in a tree. We did get it down but one motor is now defective. But we had so much fun that I ordered a replacement arriving on Tuesday.

While Drone1 will never fly again, it did bring the family together in the woods trying to find and get it down from the branch 35 feet above our heads.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1694 of 2,258
(9,737 Views)

After the second year's attempt, I finally have grown my own Broccoli. Now al I have to do is collect the seeds then "lather, rinse, repeat".

At least that is what I thought last night. Woke up with a bit of a itch between the fingers of my garden shear wielding hand this morning. Was there poison ivy between the cages protecting the Broccoli OR was the poison ivy oil on the garden shears?

When I get home tonight I will have to make sure I cut-off the stems of the broccoli cuttings AND wash the garden shears as well as inspect the garden for that noxious vine.

Ben

Message 1695 of 2,258
(9,706 Views)

Ben, I don't know if that also counts for Broccoli, but for Zucchini:

Zucchini was noxious in the past, but by breeding(?) the poison was eleminated. HOWEVER by repeated reusing (crossbreeded, selfbreeded??) seeds the poison can come back. Some years ago we had a poisoned hobby planter who died by a self seeded Zuchini meal.

We prefer old plant varieties ,  ... potatoes, apples and corn (we have a community here in germany that try to conserve these old varieties, shurely something like that exists in the US too(?) ..

Strawberries are a different story .. the kids have favors 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1696 of 2,258
(9,705 Views)

I will have to mention that to all my friends who bring us zucchini! Ironically I was given some on Saturday by my "summer neighbor" (their house on the lake is a summer only camp).

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 1697 of 2,258
(9,701 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

I will have to mention that to all my friends who bring us zucchini! Ironically I was given some on Saturday by my "summer neighbor" (their house on the lake is a summer only camp).

At least now you know their real intention! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1698 of 2,258
(9,696 Views)

They have been very nice neighbors for the few years they have owned their summer home, found out that they were a bit quirky cool this past weekend. Two of my children (think late 20's) decided to build a little fire in our "firepit" to roast marshmallows. The neighbors came out and apologized because they were going to fire off their "spudgun" a homemade "cannon" made from PVC plastic pipe and fittings, fueled, usually in the States, with AquaNet hairspray (explosive when mixed in the right fuel/air combo, a combustible liquid that is dispersed as an aerosol mist), with small potatoes (spuds) as projectiles. My son wondered why someone would do this at night, in the dark. But they had a plan, "tracer spuds", combining potatoes with Cyalume glow sticks! Thankfully they only fired a few "rounds" off, our poor dog has grown an aversion to fireworks and was inside, with me, not happy about the occasional explosive sound. It was pretty amusing to the rest though.  

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 1699 of 2,258
(9,693 Views)

Forget to mention that I also just got one 😄

ZucchiniXXL.jpg

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1700 of 2,258
(9,692 Views)