BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@AndrewTheEmbeddedSystemsSoftwareAndIndustrialCommunicationsProductSupportEngineerBasedInAustinTexas wrote:

So, it turns out you can have up to a 100-character forum handle.

might I suggest a small change

AndrewþTheEmbeddedSystemsSoftwareAndIndustrialCommunicationsProductSupportEngineerBasedInAustinTexas

Yeah, That looks better

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1431 of 2,258
(10,880 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@AndrewTheEmbeddedSystemsSoftwareAndIndustrialCommunicationsProductSupportEngineerBasedInAustinTexas wrote:

So, it turns out you can have up to a 100-character forum handle.

might I suggest a small change

AndrewþThe...

I somehow just knew that was coming when I saw bsvare's post.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1432 of 2,258
(10,877 Views)

Oh dear, it is only 99 characters. I now realize that Notepad++'s "Col" indicator at the bottom shows the column you're about to type into, e.g. if it says "Col:100" you've only filled 99 columns.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 1433 of 2,258
(10,866 Views)

Fixed. Now everyone will know to think twice before copying it.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 1434 of 2,258
(10,863 Views)

The best part is it blows up the board formatting.

formatting.png

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1435 of 2,258
(10,845 Views)

As an old-time Dumpster Diver ( and son of a dumpster diver) I have a hard time walking past a dumpster without taking a look inside.

Many an interesting widget has been retrieved by myself from dumpsters including a chemistry lab full of glassware many years ago...

Spoiler

Lego_1.jpg

But my biggest score may ahve been my most recent dive. In the dumpster out back of where I work, I spotted some Lego blocks poking through a plastic bag. Tugging on the bag confirmed it was more than just a few blocks. After pulling it out I found there were two additional bags. So a total of three 40 gallon garbage bags came out of teh dumpster that day.

Lego_2.jpg

After a couple of says of sorting the sub-assemblies (there were few loos blocks but mostly complete sets fully assembled) those Legos have become part of my "Sundays With the Granddaughters" activies.

Lego_3.jpg

The Harry Potter Hogwart's Castle is currently on loan to one of friends that volunteered his services in reassembling that set.

I think I will have a hard time ever getting over my "peak in the dumpster" habit.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1436 of 2,258
(10,747 Views)

What a wonderful find they were 🙂

Most of my finds have always been much less interesting, but the two I was most proud of were a selection of Sawbones, which came in leggy handy for some biomechanical testing, and a scanning electron microscope, fully functional albeit old.

The institution were somewhat against my salvaging the latter in an attempt to sell it, even after my suggestion to donate 90% of the proceeds to the student benevolent fund, and so agreed to donate it to a high school instead. On the one hand, I missed out on a potential windfall, but on the other there are some very lucky high school kids out there, hopefully developing an interest in science.

---
CLA
Message 1437 of 2,258
(10,734 Views)

Ben , DUMPSTER DIVING !!!  😄

Great finding.. LEGO is timeless and why reassemble a set?  LEGO is made to build what YOU want!!

(If needed: Cleaning can be done in the dischwascher in a wasching (net) bag)

last hunt:  TEK7844 with blue screen 😄 😄  and this unit:  An electrostatic 30kV voltmeter with beam indicator 

oh.. friday ... time for a dumpster dive...  

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1438 of 2,258
(10,701 Views)

Why reassemble ?

Becuase Grampa and Gramma would like to see them put togeter at least once just to see them oursevles.

The crane has already been pieced back togeteher and the girls have integrated into their play as of this past Sunday. The elder is being very creative with the kit-bashing. The younger one is still just little to young to be able to pull the bricks apart without resorting to using her teeth to pull the heads of character and mix-n-match with different bodies. Gandalf on a skate board made my better half giggle.

After that kit-bashing will be encouraged for one and all.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1439 of 2,258
(10,688 Views)

My today dumpster dive  finding:

cool.jpg

and I have about 30l prune wine with ~12%vol  in my garage waiting to be bottleled...

add a heater and make it burn 😄

process control and temperature logging of course in LabVIEW 😄 😄 ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1440 of 2,258
(10,673 Views)