From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

Wuppertal, which is a pretty hefty distance from Basel 😕

https://goo.gl/maps/ri0tr

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1311 of 2,258
(10,325 Views)

Oh a link? The colours on my monitor are pretty crappy, I didn't even notice the link..... Smiley Mad

Shame.  Wuppertal is a bit far to let the kids see it.  Maybe I should start an petition (which I can't actually do because I'm not Swiss) to get them to do this with the bridge they need to replace since THIS happened.

That accident actually happened about 200m in front of me.  It was kind of cool dodging lumps of concrete on the motorway with my Mini!

Message 1312 of 2,258
(10,318 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 1313 of 2,258
(10,285 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Oh a link? The colours on my monitor are pretty crappy, I didn't even notice the link..... Smiley Mad

Shame.  Wuppertal is a bit far to let the kids see it.  Maybe I should start an petition (which I can't actually do because I'm not Swiss) to get them to do this with the bridge they need to replace since THIS happened.

That accident actually happened about 200m in front of me.  It was kind of cool dodging lumps of concrete on the motorway with my Mini!

That is not a good way to get love from your fellow motorists.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1314 of 2,258
(10,232 Views)

Let some air out of the tires next time! Smiley Tongue

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1315 of 2,258
(10,202 Views)

The accident was discussed quite a lot at the time.

Apparently, when the caterpillar excavator (Is that the right phrase, we just call then JCBs in Ireland.  My kids call them "diggers") was loaded onto the back of the lorry, it adhered to the correct height requirements.  But the guy who last used the machine didn't disengage the pneumatics properly (I have no idea how these things are operated so I might be making a fool of myself trying to explain this) so while the transporter was driving along the motorway the arm of the excavator rose slowly until the result seen in the video was achieved.

So imagine the next day: "Hey Mike, that excavator of yours I transported yesterday....."

0 Kudos
Message 1316 of 2,258
(10,183 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

The accident was discussed quite a lot at the time.

Apparently, when the caterpillar excavator (Is that the right phrase, we just call then JCBs in Ireland.  My kids call them "diggers") was loaded onto the back of the lorry, it adhered to the correct height requirements.  But the guy who last used the machine didn't disengage the pneumatics properly (I have no idea how these things are operated so I might be making a fool of myself trying to explain this) so while the transporter was driving along the motorway the arm of the excavator rose slowly until the result seen in the video was achieved.

So imagine the next day: "Hey Mike, that excavator of yours I transported yesterday....."

Curiously, I can help answer thatSmiley Very Happy

Ideally they are operated like this:

RT_PIT_HYD.lvclass_Run.png

Well, If its the hydraulic control of a 65Ton Hybrid Shovel 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1317 of 2,258
(10,176 Views)

Reminded me of this incident several years ago:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/hoecrash.asp

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~