BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@altenbach wrote:

It could be made to look like an LED bulb with very few pixels changed. Might be sufficient to remove that filament. 😄

(Arguably, that light-bulb is actually not the most intuitive icon to represent execution highlighting. How about a picture of a snail? The tip of a yellow highlighter?)

Excellent follow-up Christian!

For about a 100 years now the symbol for an idea has been a light bulb often illustrated over someone's head. But now withe outlawing of incandescent bulbs, the light bulb may go the way of the rotary phone where the meaning of "Dial" will soon be lost and a mystery for the younguns.

SO...

What other image can be used to to replace it?

or

What image implies slow motion?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 2,258
(18,921 Views)

”I am a wave and the wavefunction is:
|ψ> = c1 1> + c22> + c33> + c44> + c55> + c66> + c77>
are 7 states  |Φi > because are 7 major chakras or energy centers.”   Adrian Ferent

This means it is a lot of math, when you concentrate on chakras!

Looks like Yoga is very complicated!

This means now we can have a precisely, exactly picture of each individual aura, because we know the activity of each chakra.

In the future the health of each person will be checked by analyzing the aura.

An abstract of My wavefunction theory on my website: http://ferentadrian.tkProbability

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 2,258
(18,918 Views)

We are talking about NEW ideas alfa no that same old song you have stuck in your head.

This is your oppertunity play along.

Come on get with it!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 2,258
(18,914 Views)

I'd really appreciate it if everyone would keep their auras to themselves.  Because really, they're kind of gross.

Message 34 of 2,258
(18,909 Views)

@Ben wrote:

For about a 100 years now the symbol for an idea has been a light bulb often illustrated over someone's head. But now withe outlawing of incandescent bulbs, the light bulb may go the way of the rotary phone where the meaning of "Dial" will soon be lost and a mystery for the younguns.

SO...

or

Ben

As to something that implies slow motion, well you can use a strobe to give the appearance of slow motion, but a strobing button is probably not the best idea.

There's the three toed sloth, but cramming a sloth into a little box would be difficult.

A thermometer close to absolute zero, but that's not very intuitive.

Maybe one of those pens that detects electric fields. (with the glowy tip)

If we crank the voltage up enough we could go with this.

Message 35 of 2,258
(18,898 Views)

And along the same lines, the timer functions, displaying an increasingly rarer analog clock face. In a couple generations clockwise may make as much sense as widdershins and antiwiddershins. They've pretty much outlawed that beautiful soft glow of the whale oil lanp too.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 36 of 2,258
(18,884 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

It could be made to look like an LED bulb with very few pixels changed. Might be sufficient to remove that filament. 😄

(Arguably, that light-bulb is actually not the most intuitive icon to represent execution highlighting. How about a picture of a snail? The tip of a yellow highlighter?)

SO...

or

Ben

You could just put a C++ there. I think that would sufficiently say slow. Smiley Happy

Tim
GHSP
Message 37 of 2,258
(18,871 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

@Ben wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

SO...

or

Ben

You could just put a C++ there. I think that would sufficiently say slow. Smiley Happy

The Lightbulb I understand  (Thanks again TAE- Wasn't he the first to have an ingenious idea?)-  The rest of those "D"-bugging icons though...... Well a steaming pile of dog feces would indicate "step into" much better.......

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 38 of 2,258
(18,863 Views)

Hornless.Rhino wrote
If we crank the voltage up enough we could go with this.

oh too cool... i might have to try that sometime.

(anyone know a good way to pack a few fluorescent lights on a dirt bike? Smiley LOL)

http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/02/03/electromagnetic-fields-cause-fluorescent-bulbs-to-glow/

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 2,258
(18,844 Views)

An abstract of My wavefunction theory on my blog: http://adrianferent.blogspot.com

To write a LabVIEW program for the simple one:

W1.gif

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 2,258
(18,821 Views)