From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@BowenM wrote:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/ZOOM/td-p/260975/highlight/false/page/5

The last couple pages of that thread brings up my favorte (and most frequent) use of sequence structures:  creating sub vis

flatseq.PNG

Drop in a sequence structure. Add your I/O. Edit -> Create SubVI, and

subvi.PNG

Nice, pretty subvi created inline with your code and ready for editing.

... and if you drop some free labels before creating the sub-VI, it is very easy to establsih your icon connector with the right names...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1341 of 2,258
(10,596 Views)

@Ben wrote:

... and if you drop some free labels before creating the sub-VI, it is very easy to establsih your icon connector with the right names...

Somewhat related, we've got a right-click menu plugin in LabVIEW 2015 that allows you to create a subVI from multiple selected wires. See here.

0 Kudos
Message 1342 of 2,258
(10,577 Views)

To counter all of SnowMule's pictures:

This has been going on for the past couple of days and it looks like this from the ground:

Ugh. I guess it's more common in the deserts to the east, but this one has spread west, reaching all the way to Cyprus.

Re: tst's post...

While visitng Jerusalem in 2010, I thought "This is a lot like wsetern Pennsylvania but without the water.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1344 of 2,258
(10,414 Views)

To be fair, you were there during an unusually hot week (and you were on the edge of a desert). This sand/dust haze was also highly unusual (followed by lightning storms, floods and hale in different parts of the country today with other parts having blue skies), but at least it's over now.

@tst wrote:

To be fair, you were there during an unusually hot week (and you were on the edge of a desert)....

Yes I will not argue that.

I still count it as a blessing that I was able to visit when I did.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1346 of 2,258
(10,364 Views)

I STILL can scarcely believe this but, I swear its true!  Today, while working with an online app I ran found a dialog with the text "An Unknown error has occured. Please try again.  If the issue persists contact customer care."

I tried again!  The issue persisted.  Now, what was that "Customer Care" contact info?   Simple... Just "Google" xyz Customer Care. and get the number (877) 861-7902

It took me longer to convince the CC Rep that I should not have needed to "Google" to get xyz's Customer Care number than it took to get a CC Rep from xyz company on the phone.  And you'll love this... Wait for it.....  The justification I got from the rep for failing to provide the contact info in the error dialog was....<Face-Palm>  If we did that, everyone would call us and expect customer service!  We only have 10k employees you know!Smiley Surprised

Spoiler
Go ahead Call the number.... Its "Yahoo's" Customer Care Center!  OOPS

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1347 of 2,258
(10,254 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

The justification I got from the rep for failing to provide the contact info in the error dialog was....<Face-Palm>  If we did that, everyone would call us and expect customer service!  We only have 10k employees you know!Smiley Surprised 

Sounds like they want a few less customers.

Message 1348 of 2,258
(10,234 Views)

I got a recent report from out your way that said "Snow" (As far as I'm concerned that's a four letter word that should not be used in polite company this time of year)

I thought it would be fun for those that post to this thread to report sightings of that "Snow" phenomenon up here this season.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1349 of 2,258
(10,164 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I got a recent report from out your way that said "Snow" (As far as I'm concerned that's a four letter word that should not be used in polite company this time of year)

I thought it would be fun for those that post to this thread to report sightings of that "Snow" phenomenon up here this season.

Yup... it's coming. 

Evening (full-moon!) ride on the moto last night... glad I wore my heavier gear, got kinda chilly in the canyon.  (Time to twiddle the carb for air density and throw the heated grips on this weekend...)

High country does have some snow, but I doubt it's going to stick around.  Steamboat area got a decent storm last weekend, made for some ugly driving.  Avalanche center's resuming daily forecasts next week.

Sled's coming home this weekend.  Clutch is sitting at FedEx waiting for pickup, sent that out for a lot of machine-shop work.  Should work well this year. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 1350 of 2,258
(10,130 Views)