From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

Great photos!  Hope your ankle is doing well.

0 Kudos
Message 1261 of 2,258
(10,443 Views)

Doing well enough, took this home Smiley Happy  Turns out I do better when I don't crash. Smiley LOL

I was at a bit of a disadvantage, running a stock-stock sled in improved-stock class.  The guys that took 1st and 2nd had a lot of work into their machines (one was mostly carbon-fiber with a fair amount of engine work done... *that* was a fast sled).  Once I got my track-ratcheting issue fixed I did well. 

Hillcross was brutal though, the director for the event is the race director for the winter x-games, so the hill-x track was huge and the sno-x track was super-technical.  I didn't do so well in hillcross.  I could have done a lot better, wasn't riding 100% between my track ratcheting in the snow conditions and a still-sore ankle.  Smiley Frustrated

Winter storm moved in sunday, spit some wet snow in the morning, and made for a really crappy drive home.  Left around 2100 after awards and got home around 0330.

It's been a good season though.  End-of-season club ride next weekend, and probably get one or two more backcountry weekends in before I put the sled away for the summer and start wreckin hard on the bike.

Message 1262 of 2,258
(10,417 Views)

Congratulations!  Top 3 is quite good!

Frosty didn't survive the warm spell since last week.  There won't be any sledding in this region till Jan next year (Dec if we get another early winter).

It must be quite different in the hills.  I recall doing a little bit of that many years ago (teenager).  I learned that you do not simply step off a sled....  And it is very easy to get stuck.  Getting unstuck is inversely proportional to how easy it was to get stuck...  And mutiplied by 2 if you are near a tree..  and alone...  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1263 of 2,258
(10,385 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Congratulations!  Top 3 is quite good!

Frosty didn't survive the warm spell since last week.  There won't be any sledding in this region till Jan next year (Dec if we get another early winter).

It must be quite different in the hills.  I recall doing a little bit of that many years ago (teenager).  I learned that you do not simply step off a sled....  And it is very easy to get stuck.  Getting unstuck is inversely proportional to how easy it was to get stuck...  And mutiplied by 2 if you are near a tree..  and alone...  🙂

Thanks!

Season's winding down here, only ones left riding are the "hardcore" guys.  Still some good snow if you know where to look. 

Getting unstuck'd isn't too bad, there's tricks you learn that makes getting out easy.  When I rode with the Wisconsin kids a few weeks ago we got to teach them a bunch of those tricks. Smiley Wink  By the 3rd day of riding they were able to get themselves out most of the time which was much appreciated, as my buddy and I had been digging them out for the past two days. Smiley LOL

My best stuck was when I got sucked into a tree well...

Ski and bumper were held up on a block of ice, and that hole under the skid plate went down about 8 feet to water. 

Seriously contemplated kicking it down there and tossing in a flare to collect insurance on it. Smiley Surprised

About 3 hours of digging, shoveling snow into that hole, sawing trees off, cutting a ramp out, and help from another crew of riders we finally got it out of the hole.

Still had fun. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1264 of 2,258
(10,365 Views)

Noticed the duct tape patch... You must be related to Red Green...  😄

Message 1265 of 2,258
(10,351 Views)

Duct Tape Forever!

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1266 of 2,258
(10,463 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Noticed the duct tape patch... You must be related to Red Green...  😄

Well, Mike does run that machine in the modified stock class so, I guess its there for performance enhancement.  Perhaps it even hides the "Top-secret" anti-collision device?  If so, recient reports suggest it has finally been calibrated! ;D

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1267 of 2,258
(10,309 Views)

Hero snow day... pull sick lines, go anywhere. Smiley Tongue

No duct tape on this machine. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 1268 of 2,258
(10,265 Views)

Anyone have suggestions on what to apply to wolf spider bites to ease the pain and itching?

Lidocane and benadryl aren't doing very much, when I get home I'll the calamine lotion (and the bottle of J.D. too?).

One got me Sunday night while I was sleeping- one bite on the spine, six on the shoulder blade, and one on the shoulder.

Thanks

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 1269 of 2,258
(10,225 Views)

I asked a professor I know who studies wolf spiders. As soon as I get a response from her, I will pass it along.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 1270 of 2,258
(10,221 Views)