BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@Blokk wrote:

Hmm, or just lets all agree in that, in general, polluting our Earth is BAD, independent of the results 🙂 And if we can do about it, we should do our best 🙂

I can buy that right up until what I breathe out gets lumped in under the category of pollution. I have a private forest that is vey happy with my exhaling ...

Spoiler
while they have never told me as much personally but I did sense they are happy.

Smiley Wink

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1641 of 2,258
(10,885 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

The thing is that opinions should not be limited to one bit. (Good/evil, black/white, etc.) They should be at least I16 datatype. 😄

Well, LabVIEW Boolean data type is 8 bits. NOW I understand why! 😄

Unless you are dealing with LV4 type boolean arrays. 🙂

I also often prefer the choice 0, i.e. "no opinion". Something that is missing from booleans.

0 Kudos
Message 1642 of 2,258
(10,878 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I have a private forest that is vey happy with my exhaling ...

Until you start strip mining for coal, of course. 😧

Sometimes I even agree with our Republican (ex)governator, even though I typically don't take actors and politicians seriously 😮

I love the uncertainty of science. It means we are not finished yet. 😄

Message 1643 of 2,258
(10,858 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

If the world goes all TEOTWAKI on us and I have no other source of energy, I plan to use the coal that has already been mined and piled up before I start strip mining.

That is a picture of the National Coal Reserve just south of my place in my son's backyard. So the forest will remain as is (save a few huegel culture garden boxes and the orchard that replaced the jagger bushes.)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1644 of 2,258
(10,841 Views)
Spoiler
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1645 of 2,258
(10,830 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Sometimes I even agree with our Republican (ex)governator, even though I typically don't take actors and politicians seriously 😮

I love the uncertainty of science. It means we are not finished yet. 😄

That is incredibly ironic considering some news I learned in the last week.  Intentionally not linking a reference

I could suggest a few more cartoon balloons for that meme

Religion, I don't think its off limits- Check out a pastafanarinism topic

and here

Spoiler
Oh, that first link has an ironic subjectSmiley Surprised

Politics- Search for Alpha1?  

Rigorous research into any field of thought should always be considered noble.  But, then, there ARE nutcases that do not do research ethically.Smiley Mad

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1646 of 2,258
(10,807 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Religion, I don't think its off limits- Check out a pastafanarinism topic

and here

Spoiler
Oh, that first link has an ironic subjectSmiley Surprised

Rigorous research into any field of thought should always be considered noble.  But, then, there ARE nutcases that do not do research ethically.Smiley Mad

I am speculating but I have this impression that it was those threads that may have influenced Christian's "no religion" rule.

Christian,

Do you recall?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1647 of 2,258
(10,778 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Oh please let me post a few quotes from alfa over on LAVA, it will be hard for me to pick my favorites:

"I explained on the DDTV channel today in Romania from my book what happen when people die. I gave a detailed explanation but now shortly:

When the subtle body separate from physical body is moving faster than the speed of light, that"

"Looks like inteligent people don't deseve a job in Canada." (I left the misspellings on purpose)

"Anyway don't make me problems:

If you'll go to doctor don't say the time is bidirectional."

"We know the 4-d space"

"the Ninth dimension and the Axiatonal Lines of Perfection is not real, is more like a cooking book; I didn't find much in Castaneda's books."

"I like n-dimensional trips !"

"Dick Chenney is a hunter.  The richest man in Romania invited for a hunting party: the owner of the Porsche company, an finance minister from Austria, Michael Sumacher...In my book a hunter is at animal level.I was thinking why people are killing other people or animals: because they SEE them as adversaries in the process of Evolution."

"For example are a lot of smart scientists but few wise scientists; between a smart scientist and wise scientist are couple thousands years in evolution (my book)."

"Living among unintelligent people is ugly!"

"My book I AM CREATING GOD is a proof that Jesus was right."

"Anytime when I am writing something about Canada on forums the secret police are calling me in 15min.; and of coures they don't say anything for 10s."

Message 1648 of 2,258
(10,775 Views)

Starting from Dick ChaneyChenney, all are real gems! 😄 😄 😄

The crazy/strange (in a negative way) people I met in my life, for some reason, all of them seemed to be out of self-irony. My best professors at the university had a good sense of humor, and they did not take themselves too serious, but science. Whenever I meet a person, either a physicist, engineer, or whatever, if they show up in a too serious way, and proclaim things as the ultimate truth, I start to keep a distance 🙂  I always felt the most dangerous/harmful people either in a workplace or elsewhere are those who lack of self-irony.

So far this separation technique worked for me...

Message 1649 of 2,258
(10,768 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Oh please let me post a few quotes from alfa over on LAVA, it will be hard for me to pick my favorites:

That took some work Brian. Thank you reminding me. I liked Alpha1. I hope he and his daughter are safe and well somewhere in time and space.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1650 of 2,258
(10,761 Views)