From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@Ben wrote:

or the Far Side cartoon with the scientist in front of a black board with covered with cyphers and in cloud in the center "and then a miracle occurs". 

That's hanging up on my cube wall.  Though, it appears not to be a Far Side cartoon.

http://www.sciencecartoonsplus.com/pages/gallery.php

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1501 of 2,258
(10,185 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

@Ben wrote:

or the Far Side cartoon with the scientist in front of a black board with covered with cyphers and in cloud in the center "and then a miracle occurs". 

That's hanging up on my cube wall.  Though, it appears not to be a Far Side cartoon.

http://www.sciencecartoonsplus.com/pages/gallery.php

I stand corrected!

Thank you!

And please excuse me in the future because I suspect I will screw that up again.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1502 of 2,258
(10,182 Views)

Hobbit holes be danged!

Yup, I'm as pleased as punch after the results from "Fargo" yesterday.  My Step-son was playing at that arena!

Spoiler
In the Band Smiley Embarassed not on the ice

I even think Ben can appreciate what happened!  Tim, maybe not as much although the Ohio team skated really well, Hunter did some amazing SOI

For the rest of you, UMD's Bulldog is named "Champ" and Hockey is a REAL sport in MN.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1503 of 2,258
(10,140 Views)

"UMD" University of MN Duluth

If I had not taken speech therapy lesson there, I would not have caught that reference.

Spoiler
Born with a sub-mucus cleft palette and did not learn to speak until I was 5 years old.

My better-half and I plan to include Duluth when we do our road trip after retirement.

Re: Hockey in Duluth

While I lived there we would have nearly 9 months of snow some years. Street and ice hockey along with sledding were the only options. I can still remember bundling up for 50 degree below wind-chill days only to strip down to a sweet shirt by the time the game got moving. For those that could afford a second car, it was often a snow-mobile.

Hobbit hole

Spoiler

I would write more on the progress if I was working on something more interesting than just re-running the water lines in the basement. I have often observed to my better-half...

Plumbing work is like electrical work. If you work hard and do a good job... nobody will ever see it.

Sorta like writing the perfect Sub-VI. If you write it correctly no one will ever look at it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1504 of 2,258
(10,113 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

I even think Ben can appreciate what happened!  Tim, maybe not as much although the Ohio team skated really well, Hunter did some amazing SOI

For the rest of you, UMD's Bulldog is named "Champ" and Hockey is a REAL sport in MN.

I have been no fan of UMD since what happened in 2011.

Boy do I miss game days at Yost.  There's just something about a college hockey atmosphere.  I did get back for a game against Michigan Tech when I was there for work in the fall.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1505 of 2,258
(10,103 Views)

File this one under the heading "Doh! Why did I not think of that before?"

I will order two subs and only eat 1.5

I take the other 1/2 home and put in the fridge.

Reheaint it in the microwave and the sub is all soggy on the bottom.

Doh!

Pop it in the toaster over after the microwave. It is like it just cam e from the kitchen.

Ben

Message 1506 of 2,258
(10,053 Views)

@Ben wrote:

A sequence structure should work well for that. Order of operations matters!

Message 1507 of 2,258
(10,045 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

A sequence structure should work well for that. Order of operations matters!

Unless I am using a channel wire.

Thru_Struct_2.png

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1508 of 2,258
(10,043 Views)

For privacy, I would place a wire nut over the wire tap. 😄

Message 1510 of 2,258
(10,018 Views)