BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Posts (An alternate to side discussions)

@JÞB wrote:

On the plus side! I was neither born nor raised near Detroit!

Having never lived in Milwaukee I will have nothing to say about it.  Having visited downtown Detroit probably 5 times this month, (and a birthday dinner for my wife planned tomorrow), and living in the greater Detroit area I can say I there's lots of good times to be had.

Message 1391 of 2,258
(10,806 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

On the plus side! I was neither born nor raised near Detroit!

Having never lived in Milwaukee I will have nothing to say about it.  Having visited downtown Detroit probably 5 times this month, (and a birthday dinner for my wife planned tomorrow), and living in the greater Detroit area I can say I there's lots of good times to be had.

Don't mistake me,  I have been to Detroit, I'ts a nice place (Avoiding some local areas)  The same can be said for the Twin Cities.  Milwaukee boasts some really nice dining experiences, a larger population than Minneapolis, the most eclectic archetecture I've ever seen and the Brew-Crew.  Nice ball-park out here! I'll stick with the Twins.  

Spoiler
Oh WOW! how hard up does a guy need to be to root for the Twins?  Hey, at least they won a few World Series Games.  I believe I used to have a t-shirt commemerating that----It may have fallen apart due to age.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1392 of 2,258
(10,793 Views)

Message 1393 of 2,258
(10,779 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

When living in Duluth in the early sixties, the family second car was often a snowmobile.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1394 of 2,258
(10,719 Views)

While I could be posting hype about tonights game I will suprise you and share an image of the garden.

RidgeGarden.jpg

This area two years ago was a thick underbrush of thorns and woods. We cleared it planted apples peaches and pears adn then I have been been adding terraced garden boxes. Most of what is shown in the image above is potatoes but in the back there is a patch of garlic. Off to the right are more boxes with onions leeks shallots, chives and peas.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1395 of 2,258
(10,446 Views)

And, ... If you took down the fencing, think of all the rabbits, squirrels, and deer which would get to enjoy your garden!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 1396 of 2,258
(10,438 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

And, ... If you took down the fencing, think of all the rabbits, squirrels, and deer which would get to enjoy your garden!

Lynn

Yup!

You should have seen what they did with pumpkins and watermellons last year. My oldest G-daughter and I had a contest to see who could grow the largest pumpkin. She had two plants I had 2 dozen. She won because of Bambi and Gus the groundhog.

The garlic, onions, shallots, leeks, and chives take care of themselves. It is the potatoes and peas I have to defend from Bambi and friends.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1397 of 2,258
(10,436 Views)

I'd consider having the ability to easily remove the fence on one of them to sit up and wait for meat.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 1398 of 2,258
(10,417 Views)

The game camera has recorded deer and turkey as well as smaller critters.

I have a crossbow waiting for the time I need to harvest protein anothr way. Smiley Happy

Ben

Message 1399 of 2,258
(10,409 Views)

@Ben wrote:

While I could be posting hype about tonights game I will suprise you and share an image of the garden.

RidgeGarden.jpg

This area two years ago was a thick underbrush of thorns and woods. We cleared it planted apples peaches and pears adn then I have been been adding terraced garden boxes. Most of what is shown in the image above is potatoes but in the back there is a patch of garlic. Off to the right are more boxes with onions leeks shallots, chives and peas.

Ben

That reminds me of an old joke.

How do you make leek soup?

First you get a pot... and then you take a leek...

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1400 of 2,258
(10,368 Views)