From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP mechelecengr

tst suggested I change my name, and I finally have. The other day, someone pronounced it "Michelle" like the girl's name, and that was the last straw. I guess it's just too much of a stretch for people to realize it's Mechanical/Electrical Engineer.

So, I'll leave mechelecengr in parentheses after my profile name for several weeks, and eventually take it off.

Cheers all,

Jack Dunaway

Message 1 of 21
(14,084 Views)

JackDunaway (mechelecengr) wrote:

The other day, someone pronounced it "Michelle" like the girl's name, and that was the last straw.

Did they start singing?

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 21
(14,067 Views)
Well, you could have gone with my suggestion of M.E. Eng (or "Jordan" 😉 ), but the current version is also more readable than the former.

Why does you new name remind me of Chinatown? Where's Faye Nicholson? 😄
Message 4 of 21
(14,056 Views)

@JackDunaway (mechelecengr) wrote:

I guess it's just too much of a stretch for people to realize it's Mechanical/Electrical Engineer.

OOOHH. I always pronounced it like Gil Meche (of the Kansas City Royals).  Not Meck

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(13,997 Views)

Basically, my decision to change names was just verified, verified, verified, and verfied. Just remember, Dunaway with one "n", not two.

Cheers all,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(13,976 Views)
I had figured out what the old name meant but it was still a mouthfull.  Welcome JackDunnaway.  Now we just need to find you a nice avatar.  Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 21
(13,939 Views)

AVATAR??? Ok, you guys are insufferable....

...Well, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(13,915 Views)

...Well, any suggestions?

Here are a couple of famous "Jacks".

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-02-2009 10:43 PM
Download All
Message 9 of 21
(13,911 Views)

You asked for it. 

jack webb.PNG