BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC 2323 Compliance?

Seriously, 

I've been cleen shaven for most of my life (There was an an attempt at a 'stach once but, the photo in the Chineese newspaper convinced me to shave above my lips)

I've been thinking about shaving fewer areas.   Like, growing the full beard!   I find I like it but, could use advice.   Some of you have experience with this I do not have.  

Thoughts, Advice, Ideas?   All welcome! Smiley Wink  (Where to stop it on the neck and cheeks to make it "managible" how to still look"Professional"?) 

Spoiler
The LMB is not "On Board" with this- but reserves judgementSmiley Surprised

Hey! It is "Breakpoint" Did I need a real problem?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,761 Views)

The one mustache I had for about a month was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. That was 20 years ago but to this day when I see a mustache I want to scratch my upper lip.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2 of 8
(7,735 Views)

I have nothing to add since I couldn't grow a beard if I tried.  Or if I did it would look really bad.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(7,733 Views)

For the first 30 years during which I could have grown a beard it was not acceptable because I was a firefighter and the air masks we wore would not seal over a beard.  Then I got married and it continued to be unacceptable, although for different reasons.  Now I am on a CPAP machine at night so am back to the mask seal issue.

So, it looks like you are on your own on this on.

Of course if the LMB disapproves, you could be on your own even more than you might wish.

One thing I learned while a firefighter and paramedic is that if a person is found unconscious and has more hair on the bottom of his head than on the top, he is in some danger of having his head turned upside down.

Lynn

Message 4 of 8
(7,723 Views)

So I generally grow out my facial hair, then shave leaving a goatee but the grow out period can vary.  Mostly it is based on laziness, so over the holiday break it can bet pretty long.  Also there is the fact that if I shaved completely no one would recognize me.  No seriously I shaved for a Halloween party once and the program manager didn't recognize me.  I went into a conference room for a meeting with him and a customer (luckily a phone conference) and he came in look confused yelled at me for being there and left the room...then a few minutes later came back and apologized.

Usually it doesn't get this bad but here is the longest it has ever been.

S40104022.JPG

And here is one of the few completely shaved pictures of me.

321230_553578737149_151138217_n.jpg

I get my hair growing ability from my father, he shaves twice a day.  Once before work with a razor, then with an electric razor on the drive home.  That is where my laziness comes from.  I generally shave about once every 3 weeks or so.  With my head hair I grow it out and donate it once every 2 years or so, too bad I can't donate the beard.  People that know me know my face and hair may change drastically at any moment, I let my employer know and their cool with it, and my daughter doesn't seem to notice much.

Message 5 of 8
(7,719 Views)

The question The Princess found interesting was "Shoud I sleep with it over or under the covers?"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,711 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I have nothing to add since I couldn't grow a beard if I tried.  Or if I did it would look really bad.

Give it some time---- I rarely needed to shave when I was your age and, I was in the US Navy! They really frown on facial hair for the reasons Lynn mentioned-  Fighting Fires at sea was REALLY difficult without an OBA and a clean seal.

Of course, that link dates me a bit dosen't it?

@Ben-  The Princess has a beard?????Smiley Surprised

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,693 Views)
I grew a mustache soon after starting college (i also stopped getting haircuts but that's another story). After I graduated, it morphed into a beard during a two week backpacking trip and I kept it for the next 25 years. My wife had never seen me clean shaven until one day I decided to shave it all off. Scared the heck out of her when I walked into the living room. Now, I sort of bounce back and forth depending on my mood and how lazy I feel.
Message 8 of 8
(7,642 Views)