BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quiz: Can you get your Add function to look like this?

Even though it's Thursday, today feels like Friday to me. So here you go, a LabVIEW quiz with no practical use whatsoever. 😛 Can you get an Add function to look like this?

funky_add.png

This was a regular ol' Add that I dropped from Quick Drop/the palettes. Can anybody figure out what I did to get it to look like this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(12,295 Views)

Does the answer have something to do with the dynamic data type?

EDIT:

I got it to look the same as yours but I couldn't get it from quick drop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(12,265 Views)

Steps to reproduce:

• Drop a waveform constant
  • Drop an Add node
  • Connect the waveform to both inputs of the add node
  • Disconnect the waveform from the add node
  • Drop an numeric constant
  • Connect the numeric to both inputs of the add node (top first)
  • hit Ctrl-Z (undo)
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 7
(12,256 Views)

Interesting....

If you wire up that it gives the not-all-wires-connected error. Show context help, click the "detailed help" link for it and doesn't show the "add" help, it goes to the help index 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,214 Views)

Okay this thing apparently has bugs all over it.  What is the intent of the error wires?  When are they supposed to be used?  Why do they turn red with X on them?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(12,211 Views)

The error in/out nodes are for waveforms/dynamic data type. You cannot add two waveforms with a different dt for instance. Somewhere in the flags of this node there is probably a 'needs extra nodes' flag which isn't removed all that properly.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(12,197 Views)

@TCPlomp wrote:

The error in/out nodes are for waveforms/dynamic data type. You cannot add two waveforms with a different dt for instance. Somewhere in the flags of this node there is probably a 'needs extra nodes' flag which isn't removed all that properly.

Ton

It doesn't spit out an error when I try that though (it just gives me back an empty waveform).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(12,183 Views)