BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning for NI week 2008

Hi all,
   and thanks again!

For flight, I think I'll fly to a major city first, I suppose NY, for a couple of reasons: I can visit the city (I've never been!), I can stay 2/3 days (at least, I'll be on holydays!).  Another reason is price: it seems to be cheaper to fly to major intercontinental cities, say, for example, Paris-NY, rather than MI-Houston.  But cost is not the major issue, also because I know that flight to a major airport has a "cost" (caos, lost baggages, and other nice things...).

One more question: is bats show scheduled also for 2008? Smiley Happy

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(3,283 Views)

Ever think of flying in to Philly or DC rather than NY? 

When it comes to major cities I know for a fact that New York tends to outweigh the others in terms of cost for all things, or so it seemed in my numerous trips to the Big Apple.

Just trying to be a help seeing as how I'm from the area and have ventured to all of these cities.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(3,271 Views)
I hope to see you there next year. They (NI) usually set up a LabVIEW Zone, with couches to sit on and visit with your friends. They also have wifi in the convention center, some years it has worked better than others, so if you want to drag a laptop around it should work on the 'net. They also set up an internet cafe, but there is usually a wait to get at a computer.

The bats are every year from spring until late fall. They are migratory, leaving on the first really cold "norther" (big storm from the north), riding the winds to warmer Mexico. It is the largest urban population of bats, and Austin is riding on the popularity of them (I was going to say riding on their tails, but they are Mexican free-tailed bats, so not much tail to ride on). Get there in the late afternoon, but before the sun is too low, and they come out in streams of thousands to go off and eat tons of insects. The other reason to get there a little early is that if you are driving the parking becomes difficult to find.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(3,267 Views)

@Graziano wrote:

One more question: is bats show scheduled also for 2008? Smiley Happy

The bats are a "natural" occurance in a man-made structure. They have been there and should be there for many years.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(3,266 Views)
Also, August is the best time of year to see the bats - it's still light enough that you can see them against the sky.  Check out Bat Conservation International for more information about the bats!
Message 25 of 25
(3,258 Views)