From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pat yourself on the back! NI wins award for its community

I had noticed that sometimes the Blue responses already seem to know that the poster is in a given country even though nothing in the message gives that away.  Sometimes the poster will post in English, but the NI person will respond back in Spanish and the conversation will continue in Spanish from there.  I wonder how the NI person knew the person was natively Spanish.

How does the blue NI person know?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(7,317 Views)

Your NI profile (MyNI) will give that away. I think there is some bot running given back all the posts from your area that  are not answered yet.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(7,304 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to throw in my huge THANKS!!! for being such a great community so that NI could win this award!   Smiley Very Happy  Really, I think it is your award!

Not only do you help grow the LabVIEW (or TestStand, CVI, Measurement Studio, DAQ, Instrument Control etc.) community by answering questions on the forum, you also provide valuable feedback to R&D by providing suggestions and uncovering bugs.  For every user that you help become successful by answering their question, many more also learn just by reading your posts!  It's a very positive cycle and I am honored to watch the effects of your work.

Thank you again!

Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments

As for questions about the percentage - it is for the entire forums, not just LabVIEW.  I think if you looked at just LabVIEW the percentage would be much higher.  We don't get as much community activity in some of the other product boards. 

Message 13 of 20
(7,253 Views)

If you haven't done so already, you should check out the feature graphic on ni.com!

Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Laura

Message 14 of 20
(7,058 Views)

Allright, naming and shaming:

From Left to Right:

Some NI presenter (unknown by me)

The captain, Norm Kirchner, works currently for NI

Someone (most likely a LabVIEW champion

Jim Kring, LabVIEW champion, OpenG fanatic

Man with the hat, could be Michael Aivaliotis?

Albert Geven, LabVIEW champion, Philips research.

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 12-20-2008 06:28 PM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 16 of 20
(7,017 Views)

The Man with the hat is Buddy Haun

Message 17 of 20
(7,007 Views)

TonP wrote:

From Left to Right:

• Some NI presenter (unknown by me)
  • The captain, Norm Kirchner, works currently for NI <--------- Correct!
  • Someone (most likely a LabVIEW champion <--------- looks Like Champion Ed
  • Jim Kring, LabVIEW champion, OpenG fanatic <--------- Correct!
  • Man with the hat, could be Michael Aivaliotis? <---------- Champion Buddy(?)
  • Albert Geven, LabVIEW champion, Philips research. <--------- Correct!

Message 18 of 20
(7,004 Views)

The unknown NI presenter is Todd Sierer.  I believe some of you may know him Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Laura

Message 19 of 20
(6,953 Views)

altenbach wrote:
Nerd Network????

At least they didn't call us a Geek Network, but then again that would not be aliterative.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(6,944 Views)