BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pat yourself on the back! NI wins award for its community

See this link.

Yes NI's name is on the award but it is YOU that have made this thing happen. We are not only the cutting dge of computer programming but we are blazing a trail for the world to follow.

So pat yourselves on the back for me and please accept my thanks for being part of a winning team!

Your brother in wire,

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 10-30-2008 11:52 AM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 20
(11,652 Views)
Let's celebrate ! And thank you Ben for this interesting info.
Message 2 of 20
(11,647 Views)

519 days ago, the LV board reached the 250k messages mark. Today it counts 365k messages. So we can calculate the amazing average of about 221 messages/day for this sole board !

Message 3 of 20
(11,644 Views)

Today, NI community members answer 46 percent of all questions that arise in online discussion forums

Huh? Am I the only one who thinks that number is a bit low? I know that the blue users answer a lot of stuff, but at least in the LabVIEW board, I don't think they're anywhere near 54% and probably not even half that.

It is probably the percentage of threads that contain zero blue contributions. 😮

Message 5 of 20
(11,630 Views)

Cool! Thanks for the link Ben.

Stars to all, no, make that Kudos (yummy) http://www.kudosbar.com/kudos/index.htm

-Ak2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 20
(11,622 Views)

tst wrote:          Huh? Am I the only one who thinks that number is a bit low? I know that the blue users answer a lot of stuff, but at least in the LabVIEW board, I don't think they're anywhere near 54% and probably not even half that.

I noticed a lot of times Smiley Tongue that some threads that were answered by blues Smiley Wink were always exactly 2 days after the message was posted. Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 20
(11,594 Views)

mathan wrote:

tst wrote:          Huh? Am I the only one who thinks that number is a bit low? I know that the blue users answer a lot of stuff, but at least in the LabVIEW board, I don't think they're anywhere near 54% and probably not even half that.

I noticed a lot of times Smiley Tongue that some threads that were answered by blues Smiley Wink were always exactly 2 days after the message was posted. Smiley Surprised

It is my impression that the blue bars are not supposed to reply to a thread until after it has set idle for two days. That is the main reason I use direct channels to report bugs (after two days I will have forgotten about it completely Smiley Mad ).

I thought the same thing Yair but speaking for myself, I don't count replies as answers if they don't address the issue in the question. I can also remember a time when Dennis and myself would work week-ends just to make sure every Q got a quality reply. The Forums traffic has grown big-time since then and now I can barely keep with thanking (Kudoeing) people for the help. Y'all do keep me entertained with all of your postings. After tens years of LV I am still learning new ways to do things.

Ben

"As face answereth to face and iron answereth to iron, so does a man trieth words." (Proverbs, as best I remember. Modern paraphrase; "Like looking yourself in the mirror or sharpening an axe with a file, we become better by sharing our ideas with others and growing from their feed-back.")

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 20
(11,557 Views)

Ben wrote:

"As face answereth to face and iron answereth to iron, so does a man trieth words." (Proverbs, as best I remember. Modern paraphrase; "Like looking yourself in the mirror or sharpening an axe with a file, we become better by sharing our ideas with others and growing from their feed-back.")

I appreciate those words. Good one ben.

BTW, how you know such lot of proverbs. I saw lot of your replies ending with a superb proverbs like this.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(11,556 Views)

mathan wrote:

Yep, it's part of the local NI office. A lot of questions from me are answered by NI personel at NI Netherlands, (the same ones I speak on the phone so you get some acquintance with each other).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(11,534 Views)