Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Crazy Frog's Latest Adventure!

get well fast CC.

in the mean time, here is one:

Voodoo Enronomics

spacer

Feudalism: You have two cows. Your lord takes some of the milk.
Fascism: You have two cows. The government takes both, hires you to take care of them and sells you the milk.
Communism: You have two cows. You must take care of them, but the government takes all the milk.
Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.
Enron Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt-equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred through an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The Enron annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 31 of 69
(6,234 Views)
LOL! Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 69
(6,229 Views)

Gabi1 wrote:

spacer

Enron Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt-equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred through an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The Enron annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more

That is so well explained..  LOL!! 😄 
Message 33 of 69
(6,218 Views)

Let's see if I can adapt an old one for our use.

A retired LabVIEW programmer (is there such a thing?) was contacted by their former emplyer to solve a problem. They indicated that price was not an issue and they just needed to get the problem solved.

They had attempted to clone an application the wire-worker had developed but were running into performance issues. The Wire-worker poked around in the code and put a check mark in a configuration box. The wire-worker said it should be just fine now and left.

The application ran wonderfully taking advantage of all processors and exhibited wonder responsiveness.

Latter the manager received an invoice from the wire-worker for $50,000 !

The manager was shocked and asked for an itemized invoice. The wire-worker complied with the following;

Set option ---------------------------------------         $1

Knowing  what re-entrancy is -------------- $49,999

Total --------------------------------------------- $50,000

Smiley Happy

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 09-27-2007 07:37 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 34 of 69
(6,221 Views)

@Ben wrote:
Knowing  what re-entrancy is -------------- $49,999

Then they run into memory issues and hired him again. This time he set shared clones reentrancy. (LV8.5) 😄

Message 35 of 69
(6,213 Views)
But how would he know this, being retired?
By reading the release notes? That would take at least 40 hours!Smiley Very Happy

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 36 of 69
(6,197 Views)

@Phillip Brooks wrote:
By reading the release notes? That would take at least 40 hours!Smiley Very Happy

Well, it seems from what we've seen that these are 40 billable hours, one way or another. 🙂
Message 37 of 69
(6,195 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Well, it seems from what we've seen that these are 40 billable hours, one way or another. 🙂

...but not everyday is Sunday (italian proverb, to say that not all the time you can be so lucky Smiley Wink).

graziano
Message 38 of 69
(6,145 Views)

CC:

Keep up the vigilance and hang in there buddy. We're pulling for you.

And here's a funny for you (and Graziano), how Italians tell time (to keep track of those billable hours). I'm mostly Italian myself.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOWf8KujhJs

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 39 of 69
(6,116 Views)
LOOL!! Smiley Very Happy
   I knew this  clip, there's a famous italian actor.... Is it in english (in my work PC I don't have audio... Smiley Sad )?

Have a nice day!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 69
(6,030 Views)