NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

BreakPoint

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Knight of NI
altenbach

One kRube

I just noticed that I wrote post #1000 in the Rube Goldberg code thread.

When I started this thread over 5 years ago, I thought it would be just a funny short stint, but I clearly underestimated the creativity of the participants, who seem to come up with crazy and convoluted code at a remarkable pace.

I would like to thank you all to make this thread possible. I sincerely believe that it is a great learning tool for many!

Let's keep it going!

(*Well, the Indians thread is even longer, but seems mostly chatter :smileywink:)

LabVIEW Champion . Do more with less code and in less time .

Active Participant
Silver_Shaper

Re: One kRube

(*Well, the Indians thread is even longer, but seems mostly chatter :smileywink:)

Dear altenbach rube thread is a good place to learn and correct our mistakes. Thanks for creating this thread. According to indian thread you are right.

(Not to mention it has kudos of 200 but Rube has total of 792).

Sasi.
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
If you can DREAM it, You can DO it - Walt Disney
Active Participant
PaulG.
0 Kudos

One of my worst nightmares is that some day someone may find something I wrote in the past and post it there. :smileysurprised:

Otherwise it's one of the best threads in the forums. :smileyhappy:

PaulG.

"I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane." -- George Orwell
Trusted Enthusiast
SteveChandler
0 Kudos

PaulG. wrote:

One of my worst nightmares is that some day someone may find something I wrote in the past and post it there. :smileysurprised:

Well once Steve's Super Top Secret Project (SSTSP) is released to the community there will be much fuel for that thread.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Ben

altenbach wrote:

I just noticed that I wrote post #1000 in the Rube Goldberg code thread.

When I started this thread over 5 years ago, I thought it would be just a funny short stint, but I clearly underestimated the creativity of the participants, who seem to come up with crazy and convoluted code at a remarkable pace.

I would like to thank you all to make this thread possible. I sincerely believe that it is a great learning tool for many!

Let's keep it going!

The Rube thread is our version of slap-stick comedy.

Ben

Ben Rayner
Who is now transitioning to John Galt.. just building Rayner's Ridge
Rayner's Ridge is under construction
Proven Zealot
Jeff·Þ·Bohrer

PaulG. wrote:

Be careful of what you ask for:smileywink: see message 927 and 928

It is a great thread!

8-Ball Consulting advertising banner

Certified LabVIEW Consultant. The partner you can bank on when you're behind the 8-Ball.
Proven Zealot
Jeff·Þ·Bohrer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thinking about it.  Between the 1K RG, the monthly bugs, why some people say.... et al.  and the hard time tagging within these threads, perhaps a new forum should be spun off.  Call it "Christian's Boored"  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Seriously--- it might be a good idea spin the best of the breakpoint into a more searchable format.

Certified LabVIEW Consultant. The partner you can bank on when you're behind the 8-Ball.
Trusted Enthusiast
SteveChandler
0 Kudos

Hmmm. Maybe a Rube Goldberg board? I also think that there should be an upconvert and a downconvert board.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Knight of NI
Ray.R

Hey the Rube Goldberg thread has become a very educational one. 

It's my favorite thread.  Glad Christian started it.

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ray.R wrote:

Hey the Rube Goldberg thread has become a very educational one. 

It's my favorite thread.  Glad Christian started it.

:smileyhappy:

So am I.   And I do appreciate the educational properties.  I just thought that a forum for "Knights" would be favorable to a mere recurrant series on breakpoint

Altenbach does have the material for one.....