BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One kRube

I just noticed that I wrote post #1000 in the Rube Goldberg code thread.

When I started this thread over 5 years ago, I thought it would be just a funny short stint, but I clearly underestimated the creativity of the participants, who seem to come up with crazy and convoluted code at a remarkable pace.

I would like to thank you all to make this thread possible. I sincerely believe that it is a great learning tool for many!

Let's keep it going!

(*Well, the Indians thread is even longer, but seems mostly chatter ;))

Message 1 of 13
(11,151 Views)

Dear altenbach rube thread is a good place to learn and correct our mistakes. Thanks for creating this thread. According to indian thread you are right.

(Not to mention it has kudos of 200 but Rube has total of 792).

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
Message 2 of 13
(11,146 Views)

One of my worst nightmares is that some day someone may find something I wrote in the past and post it there. Smiley Surprised

Otherwise it's one of the best threads in the forums. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(11,112 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

One of my worst nightmares is that some day someone may find something I wrote in the past and post it there. Smiley Surprised

Well once Steve's Super Top Secret Project (SSTSP) is released to the community there will be much fuel for that thread.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(11,086 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I just noticed that I wrote post #1000 in the Rube Goldberg code thread.

When I started this thread over 5 years ago, I thought it would be just a funny short stint, but I clearly underestimated the creativity of the participants, who seem to come up with crazy and convoluted code at a remarkable pace.

I would like to thank you all to make this thread possible. I sincerely believe that it is a great learning tool for many!

Let's keep it going!

The Rube thread is our version of slap-stick comedy.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 13
(11,077 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

Be careful of what you ask forSmiley Wink see message 927 and 928

It is a great thread!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 13
(11,045 Views)

Thinking about it.  Between the 1K RG, the monthly bugs, why some people say.... et al.  and the hard time tagging within these threads, perhaps a new forum should be spun off.  Call it "Christian's Boored"  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Seriously--- it might be a good idea spin the best of the breakpoint into a more searchable format.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(11,028 Views)

Hmmm. Maybe a Rube Goldberg board? I also think that there should be an upconvert and a downconvert board.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(11,015 Views)

Hey the Rube Goldberg thread has become a very educational one. 

It's my favorite thread.  Glad Christian started it.

🙂

Message 9 of 13
(11,009 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Hey the Rube Goldberg thread has become a very educational one. 

It's my favorite thread.  Glad Christian started it.

🙂

So am I.   And I do appreciate the educational properties.  I just thought that a forum for "Knights" would be favorable to a mere recurrant series on breakpoint

Altenbach does have the material for one.....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(11,007 Views)