From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now rise, SIR Tim! (crossrulz is Knighted!)

Wow! I don't know how you get any work done, but I'm sure that you do.  Thanks for your effort.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 11 of 56
(11,824 Views)

Congrats Tim!

As you may have seen, I will be taking over Jordan's role on the Forums. We'll definitely miss her, but I'm thrilled that one of my first tasks is to make sure that you get the appreciation and recognition you deserve for all your contibutions here! It was great getting to meet you at NIWeek and I hope to see you there again as a Knight. Thank you for all your dedication and contributions to our community!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 12 of 56
(11,805 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@johnsold wrote:

Congratulations, Tim!

Are there other Knights who are closer to each other than our 50 km?

Lynn

Congratulations Tim!

I've been watching for you and poking buttons to allow you to squeeze past Christian on the Kudoes board.

You say all of the things I would have said but better!

Guard that shrub and don't let it freeze (like I did).

I think the  geographical center of Kinght of NIhood has clearly shifted to somewhere in OH.

Thank you!

Ben

That could explain how I got sucked 350 miles ESE from my previous location.  Interesting that if you map it out, applying some minor factors and assuming great circle routes ( or I wouldn't be in surface mining you'd have to look for me underground). That vector might just be close to the geographic center of knight applied to Minneapolis.

I guess its no secret that I am going to get a lot more razzing from Tim now.

It is a amazing achievement few persons reach.  Again congrats and you beat me by 1500 posts!  How did that happen!  I was 1k ahead when you hit the halfway mark!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 13 of 56
(11,800 Views)

Congrats Tim,

The AE department can't thank you enough for all you do to keep these forums awesome.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 14 of 56
(11,782 Views)

Such great response.  This community truely is awesome.  And so many things to comment on...

Ben, I have looked up to you for a long time.  Your words mean a lot to me.

Christian, I just had a good year.  I'm sure you'll start kicking my kudo count into the mud soon enough.

Brian, It's been fun meeting with you the last couple of years.  There are a lot of "you just beat me" instances in these forums.  Which is one of the things that makes this community so great.

Jeff K, Without you this would not be possible.  Thank you for making LabVIEW!

Jeff B, You have been a great encouragement to me ever since I decided to get active in the community.  Even when you aren't making posts, your presence is always here.

Lynn, Even though the LabVIEW community is pretty much non-existant in the Cincinnati area, we still managed to become leaders.  I say that says a lot about the two of us.

Jacobson, I have had conversations with AEs visiting us for certain training events.  They have thanked me personally when the discover who I am.  But we do appreciate you guys supplying the extra inside information that we just can't find or don't have the time to.

Matt, Good luck in your new role.  I'll try to keep you on your toes.

General comments:

I really appreciate this community.  I get flak from some coworkers sometimes for spending so much time on these forums.  But one of them made the right comment: I learn more from "goofing off" on the forums than they do trying to do actual work.  I couldn't agree more with that comment.  I have learned more tricks in the last 3 years of involvement than I did in the previous 7 years of learning on my own.  We are never done learning.  So thank you to everybody for asking and answering questions.  It is by sharing that we all become better.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 56
(11,741 Views)

Congratulations Tim!

Welcome to the Knights Table!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 16 of 56
(11,735 Views)

Congratulations!

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 17 of 56
(11,726 Views)

Congratulations crossrulz! You deserve it!

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 18 of 56
(11,698 Views)

Congratulations! Thanks for all that you contribute & enjoy the newest seat at the round table!

Nathan Murphy
Message 19 of 56
(11,683 Views)

Congratulations, Sir Tim!  Thank you for all of your help on the forums!

Chris H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 20 of 56
(11,661 Views)