From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Knight?

Just noticed that Lynn is just 500 posts away from Knighthood.  And GerdW is almost 1k away.  Let the race begin!

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 45
(13,717 Views)

I'm going to tip Lynn (johnsold) for June 30th, at 3:16pm UTC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(13,675 Views)

It reminds me of this race couple of years before.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(13,613 Views)

If you want to make it worse, Jeff and I have been talking.  There is a potential of 5 new Knights of NI in the next 8-12 months: johnsold, GerdW, crossrulz, Jeff·Þ·Bohrer, and muks.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(13,608 Views)

Tim,

You got that right. Things always get worse when you and Jeff are talking.  When you guys get close I am going to hide for a month or so.  That race will be fun to watch.

Hornless.Rhino,

Fortunately for your prognostication, you did not specify the year.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(13,584 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Tim,

You got that right. Things always get worse when you and Jeff are talking.  When you guys get close I am going to hide for a month or so.  That race will be fun to watch.

Hornless.Rhino,

Fortunately for your prognostication, you did not specify the year.

Lynn

Ahh... Lynn's got us all beat!  He's "Retired" and could have a heart-attack tomorrow and still slip over the line way ahead of "the pack" (Try to hear that with my-tounge-in-cheek- cheekiness that you have come to know)

When I zipped passed muks to claim the #10 spot all time (we DO NOT count NI_Branch_Support) I knew it would be temporary because Tim was gaining fast.  I'll Gladly relinquish the slot if he doesn't get side-tracked struggling with inheritance issues.  With muks back in the hunt - (After struggling with inheritance issues according to a cryptic statement I read somewhere)  I may need to pass Saverio AND Ben to get back into the top 10.  The whole darned thing gets way too close to call after Lynn.

I have a nice spot in my front yard that could use an shrubbery next spring so, I'll stay in the race.  Best of luck to the rest of you as well!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(13,573 Views)

jeff,

You are way too fast.. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(13,520 Views)

""... I may need to pass Saverio AND Ben ..."

Please remember to smile and wave as you do so.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 45
(13,492 Views)

Ben,

Why dont you hit the 20k and then go build your rayners bridge or whatever....Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(13,389 Views)

@muks wrote:

whatever....Smiley Mad

I don't get this?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(13,384 Views)