BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIWeek 2013

@for(imstuck) wrote:

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

This year will be a big year for my company at NI Week. We will be sending 7, possibly 8. For two of us this is onr of many we will be attending. For the rest it will be their first time. I have to say our attendance is pretty remarkable considering all of our LabVIEW work is for internal use only.

Well, looks like I won't be buying drinks for all the Zebra employees this year.

Bummer!

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 54
(6,283 Views)

I'm coming!

My number one goal is to meet you* this year, whether for the first time or as a long time friend.

I'll be doing a couple sessions, will be hanging out a fair amount in the LabVIEW Zone on the Expo Floor, will be at the LAVA BBQ, hopefully this community event Jordan speaks of (if invited!), the conference party... perhaps we can find a time to talk shop! Looking forward to seeing you all.

*Yes, you.

Message 22 of 54
(6,258 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

I'm coming!

My number one goal is to meet you* this year, whether for the first time or as a long time friend.

I'll be doing a couple sessions, will be hanging out a fair amount in the LabVIEW Zone on the Expo Floor, will be at the LAVA BBQ, hopefully this community event Jordan speaks of (if invited!), the conference party... perhaps we can find a time to talk shop! Looking forward to seeing you all.

*Yes, you.

Hey Jack, we need to make sure we meet up this year. If nothing else, at the LAVA BBQ.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 23 of 54
(6,229 Views)

Mark_Yedinak wrote: Hey Jack, we need to make sure we meet up this year. If nothing else, at the LAVA BBQ.

Indeed, friend! Invite sent.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 54
(6,212 Views)

@Michael_78 wrote:

Im coming out for my first NI Week! Just trying to figure out the Android app...

They could have made the "password" a little longer and more complicated... perhaps thrown in a few special characters in there just to make it a little more secure...

I give up.  That's why my phone has a web browser. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 54
(6,170 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

@Michael_78 wrote:

Im coming out for my first NI Week! Just trying to figure out the Android app...

They could have made the "password" a little longer and more complicated... perhaps thrown in a few special characters in there just to make it a little more secure...

I give up.  That's why my phone has a web browser. 

I found the "username" I was provided with was meaningless, and that my NI Username (email address) is what the app is expecting.

I find the app useful, and useless. It doesn't allow for perosnal events, and as I have a fair number of them, I'm resorting to using Excel to create a schedule. The App will be uninstalled 😞

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 54
(6,183 Views)

I tried both... nothing worked. 

In the meantime... exported the calendar to my google calendar, sync'd with android... good to go. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 54
(6,158 Views)

Does anyone know how to modify the "export from NI Schedule--->import to google calender" so it correctly shows the timezones? My Keynotes currently show as 6:30 in the morning, i.e. in the middle of the night).

... or will all this sort itself out automatically once I am in the Austin time zone? Fingers crossed. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 54
(6,101 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Does anyone know how to modify the "export from NI Schedule--->import to google calender" so it correctly shows the timezones? My Keynotes currently show as 6:30 in the morning, i.e. in the middle of the night).

... or will all this sort itself out automatically once I am in the Austin time zone? Fingers crossed. 😄

To be honest, we had a person or two try this app and they had such issues, that we just scrapped it all together and manually put stuff in our shared Outlook Calendars. One suggestion for NI in future years, is actually allow us to schedule conflicting sessions. I often want to list a backup to my first choice, in case it is not quite what I expect. As it stands now, I have to pull out my paper schedule anyways if I want to change sessions, which further limits my desire to use the app.

Thanks for being the guinea pigs in testing all this out; sounds like it saved me some time ;).

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 54
(6,065 Views)

Hm, retracting my previous statement. Online, I am able to double up sessions. I guess I heard incorrectly through the grapevine. 

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 54
(6,058 Views)