BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must not be my month

@RedAG wrote:

You didn't by any chance get into an argument with altenbach did you? :smileywink:

Hey, are you trying to start an argument with me?!?!?! :manvery-happy:

LabVIEW Champion . Oh, by the way, I work for peanutsKudos .

No Sir!!! I wouldn't want you appearing in my nightmares!

I can half imagine you hiding underneath my bed with a mapped out DANI fitted with a Pepper Spray 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(5,109 Views)

I could be worse Greg.

<Sea Story Mode = True>

Back in 1990 the Not-so-LMB and I needed to get new driver's licenses in Washington.  This involved a written exam.  She failed, I missed one question. "What do you do if you hit a parked car?"  With all the irony in the world can you guess how I learned the answer to that question?  Yup Yes of course! While backing out of the parking space I hit a parked car.  I reparked, Walked back into the DMV, and asked for the correct answer.  I never needed to actually leave the note.... The car belonged to the State Trooper that had just issued my license to meSmiley Embarassed

</Sea Story Mode>

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 17
(5,103 Views)

Jeff,

Did that license set a new record for the shortest duration of license valid to incident report?

Lynn

Message 13 of 17
(5,084 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I could be worse Greg.

.... The car belonged to the State Trooper that had just issued my license to meSmiley Embarassed

</Sea Story Mode>

That's better than my accident story. I rear-ended a guy named Hamburger. He was the manager at a local Kentucky Fried Chicken.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(5,061 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

My car was hit and no note was left. Does anyone want to take one for the team, and allow this grey cloud to transfer away from me? They say you make your own luck...I must be doing something drastically wrong!

Just one hit? It’s not a worst month - just accident. And what about insurance?

I would like to give you example of "not my month". This happened two months ago - March 2013.

At the beginning I've got new invoice from electric company. I must pay additional 600 Euro. After short investigation I have found that my refrigerator was responsible for that - compressor running continuously and uses huge power. Tried to repair it, but without success. Well, new refrigerator was purchased. -785 EUR. In additional purchased intelligent device which will warn me about unusual high power consumption. After that my central gas heating device stops running (because safety). Well, I have some experience with wires, so made some bridges over safety circuit, and finally decided to replace this device completely (because more than 20 years old). -6500 EUR. Immediately after that my car said "please service". Well, should be after 60000 km. -300 EUR. After that my coffee automat don't like to make coffee for me any longer (heater was damaged). I can't start my day without coffee. -300 EUR again. Finally, few days after that, my vacuum cleaner said "goodbye". Electronic was burned - no chances for repair. -70 EUR (it's nothing in comparison with expenses listed above). All within one month.

That was definitively not my month.

Message 15 of 17
(4,996 Views)

Andrey_Dmitriev escreveu:

That was definitively not my month.

You know, the money expenses seem really heavy, but I would hate to start a day without coffee.

Kudos as a wish for better luck.

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(4,990 Views)

Oh man, last August? 2012 was not kind to me and mine in a very short concentrated period of seemingly.

A good family friend of ours dies after a year-long battle with cancer leaving a wife and two kids.  Monetary cost, zero but still.... Then my car decided to let its timing chain slip - total engine damage cost me 8000 Euro to replace - the garage insisted on changing the clutch also or else they would give no warranty on the new motor.  A week after it turns out our tax returns were calculated a bit too "efficiently" and we got a note to pay extra taxes.  Damage : undisclosed, but it hurt.  Then my cousin (Like a brohter to me) ended up in ciritcal condition in hospital due to lung problems as a complication of a blood toxicity problem arising from a bacterial infection in his leg nearly died (He admitted he would have let himself go if he had the choice - things got REALLY close and he was in a BAD way).

My cousin recovered (almost fully), the car is now running well, I paid extra taxes this year just in case.... I do NOT want a repeat of THAT month.

Bottom line: **bleep** happens and you can't influence most of it.  Don't let the irregular sampling of bad luck get you down.  Things will level out over time.  Statistics.

Message 17 of 17
(4,986 Views)