From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bugs, March 2009

LabVIEW 8.6 on Windows XP

The unit string stays editable for numerics in a non strict typedef. The change is not effective as the typedef instance keeps its defined units.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 12 of 18
(6,371 Views)
You should be linking to a discussion forum thread, as discussion of bugs is not supposed to happen here.  That being said, if I understand your bug correctly, I believe it is expected behavior that a non-strict typedef allow the user to change the unit string.  If I am misunderstanding you, please start a thread in the LabVIEW forum and add a post with a link to that thread for discussion.
Message 13 of 18
(6,369 Views)

JeanPierre wrote:

LabVIEW 8.6 on Windows XP

The unit string stays editable for numerics in a non strict typedef. The change is not effective as the typedef instance keeps its defined units.

The discusion for this issue can be found here.

I think its a bug but this one is usbject to discusion. Chime in while you have the chance.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 14 of 18
(6,347 Views)
Message 15 of 18
(6,326 Views)
Format into string "Edit String" dialog doesn't properly format the string when the user selects to set the precision but doesn't enter a numeric value (which can be a problem if the default value, 0, is what the desired value is.  See here.
Message 16 of 18
(6,310 Views)
Message 17 of 18
(6,251 Views)
April has arrived, so this thread is now closed. Let's continue in the brand new April 2009 bugs thread.
Message Edited by mathan on 04-01-2009 08:28 AM
Message Edited by mathan on 04-01-2009 08:29 AM
Message 18 of 18
(6,217 Views)