BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Bugs, October 2007

This is the continuation of the August bug thread. (Yes, we took a break and skipped September entirely :))
  1. Each post here should only contain a brief description of a bug, together with a link to the thread where it is being discussed.
  2. One post/bug!
  3. One bug/post!
  4. No discussion of bugs. All discussions of a bug must take place in the original linked thread

Message 1 of 17
(10,175 Views)
As many of you know we publish a list of the known issues that ship with LabVIEW in the LabVIEW Readme file.  We are trying something new (so expect a few problems here and there) and documenting a ‘living’ version of this document on the web.  I’ll keep this post short and let everyone check it out: LabVIEW 8.5 Known Issues.

I hope people find this useful. It's been a fun challenge to create a good process for documenting these issues and in the long-term I think this will be a great document for developers to refer to when programming in LabVIEW.  You'll notice that not all issues will make it in this document, but issues posted to NI through the AE department (i.e. through a phone call, email, or post to the NI Forums) and linked through the bug report threads on breakpoint will have a good chance of appearing on the list so keep up the good work!
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 2 of 17
(10,143 Views)
Travis,

Thanks to you and all at NI behind the scenes who are working on and supporting this effort.  It is a great help to the LabVIEW community, a huge motivation for people who report and care about bugs, and a solid foundation for continuous improvement of product quality.  This is huge!

Thank you,

-Jim
Message 3 of 17
(10,106 Views)
See this thread:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=275957

Aart-Jan

Message Edited by aartjan on 10-04-2007 01:07 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
Message 4 of 17
(10,062 Views)
Already reported to NI

Reported to NI, CAR# 4DO8EDE8

An example and the following text were originally posted by "mellberg" on LAVA in this thread.

The text of that post follow;

"
Hi,

Using 'Defer Panel Updates' to speed-up the updating of the front panel is sometimes very handy, and when developing GUIs I use it alot.

Recently I saw a very strange behavior, using a chart, which we confirmed to be related to the above mentioned VI-property.

Try out the example below and try switching the 'Defer Panel Updates'-switch a couple of times and you'll be seeing strange graphical issues in that chart!

This bug was found using LV8.2.1, but NI told me it also existed in LV8.5.

//Mellberg
"

Thank you,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(10,044 Views)

No Crash in LV 8.5 but search fails!

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(10,002 Views)
LV 8.5:

If you create a In Place Element Structure and change Mark as Modifier, then do an Undo, the Mark as Modifier action is not undone, but there does appear to be something in the heap, as nothing takes place, and the next Undo undoes the task performed before the Mark as Modifier was done.  Will happen with removing and enabling the option.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(9,930 Views)
Hi

Constant labels in LV 8.5 snap to positions 1 pixel shifted from what is expected
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=277648

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
Message 9 of 17
(9,887 Views)
New for 8.50.

Formula express VI changes to odd connector arrangement when viewed as subVI instead of as express VI:

Operation is possibly incorrect. (not tested).

Message 10 of 17
(9,843 Views)