cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Bugs, January 2012

A brand new year for brand new bugs!

Continued from the December 2011 bugs thread

The posting rules are as always:

• Each post here should only contain a brief description of a bug, together with a link to the thread where it is being discussed.
  • One post/bug!
  • One bug/post!
  • No discussion of bugs. All discussions of a bug must take place in the original linked thread.
Message 1 of 8
(9,919 Views)

I have seen this happen a few times.

I would open up a sub vi and add an additional control/indicator to the front panel and link it to the connector pane.  Then save it and go back to the original VI I was working on and find the subvi connections have not updated to reflect this change.  I would double click the subvi again and see the change I made is still present.  So I then disconnected it from the connector pane and reconnected it and this would fix it.

Has anyone see this behavior?  Been pretty busy so haven't tried to track down what else might fix the problem. 

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(9,883 Views)

Randall,

Please read the rules for the thread that Altenbach had posted.

This thread is for posting links to threads where bugs are discussed.  It is not to start a discussion of a particular bug in this thread.  It may even turn out that your issue isn't even a bug, but either an unexpected behavior or user error.

Please start a thread in the LabVIEW board instead.  Try posting some example VI's and some steps for others to try to replicate it.  If there is a consensus that what you have is a true bug (and often times an NI employee will have jumped in to the discussion, concurred, and issued a CAR#), then that is the time to post a message in this thread with a quick description of the problem and a link to the thread where it is discussed.

Message 3 of 8
(9,875 Views)

Randall,

You should also search for the bug as well.  Raven's Fan posted a link and CAR for this issue here.  While the original poster indicated the issue was in the help pane, I added it also affected the block diagram.

Message 4 of 8
(9,868 Views)

Bug in FTP Data Send.vi on a compact RIO.

CAR# 315798

Message 5 of 8
(9,816 Views)

Reference of the control, linked to Type Def different from references obtained with Panel->Controls[] in LabVIEW 2011 - as result old code may not work any more.

LV2011 bug for references

Message 6 of 8
(9,774 Views)
Message 7 of 8
(9,723 Views)

January is over and bugs should now be reported in the February 2012 bug thread. See you all there!

This thread is now closed!

Message 8 of 8
(9,702 Views)