From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Bugs, February 2009

This is the continuation of the January 2009 bug thread
The rules are as always: 
Each post here should only contain a brief description of a bug, together with a link to the thread where it is being discussed.
  1. One post/bug!
  2. One bug/post!
  3. No discussion of bugs. All discussions of a bug must take place in the original linked thread.
Message 1 of 24
(11,092 Views)

Weird Digital Display Key Down events

R&D (# 143927)

Message 2 of 24
(11,093 Views)

This is just an attempt to get the word out to all of the non-LAVA-ites. 

In relpy #35 of this thread on LAVA

http://forums.lavag.org/What-can-kill-a-queue-t11834.html&pid=57839&st=30#entry57839 

There is a description of a bug with queues going invalid under some really extreme conditions (should be very rare!).

A CAR was already filed "CAR 136680".

NI AE,

As far as I am concerned no further action is required from the AE's at this time.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 24
(11,064 Views)
Message 4 of 24
(11,004 Views)
Message 5 of 24
(10,980 Views)
Here is a bug that I discovered.  Apparently LabVIEW crashes on a save when you have an array of clusters coming into a loop indexed, then when it is going out you split the wire into two wires with one wire going out of the loop non-indexed and the other wire going to an cluster to array subvi then that array is indexed going out of the loop.  example Vi is attached.  This crashes my 8.6 version of Labview on XP.
Message Edited by monzue on 02-13-2009 11:25 AM
Ben Yeske
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(10,942 Views)

Monzue,

Please check out the standards for this thread listed in message #1.

Post your bug report in a message thread in the appropriate forum  (usually LabVIEW).  Once it has been discussed and there is some agreement that it is a bug, post a message here linking to that thread with just a short description of what the bug is.

Message 7 of 24
(10,936 Views)

monzue wrote:
Here is a bug that I discovered.  Apparently LabVIEW crashes on a save when you have an array of clusters coming into a loop indexed, then when it is going out you split the wire into two wires with one wire going out of the loop non-indexed and the other wire going to an cluster to array subvi then that array is indexed going out of the loop.  example Vi is attached.  This crashes my 8.6 version of Labview on XP.
Message Edited by monzue on 02-13-2009 11:25 AM

Thank you for creating a new thread for the bug report! I have confirmed this bug in LV 8.6 and suggest using a an "Always Copy" node to avoid the crash.

The thread for this bug can be found here.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 24
(10,922 Views)

Matthew Kelton wrote:
The DB Toolkit can mask errors.

CAR #146185

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=386037

[Edit: Again the browser is not allowing me to insert the link anywhere i like. It always go to the first line of the message. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by mathan on 02-14-2009 12:58 AM
Message 9 of 24
(10,899 Views)
Message 10 of 24
(10,897 Views)