BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview logo

I think that Labview needs to change their logo, because it shows a picture of a red line and a blue line going in to an addition block. Everybody knows that when you add red and blue you get purple. come on guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(10,982 Views)

I think they should first get rid of the Sequence Structure in the logo, which they already partially did. If we view the red as orange, it is correct: DBL + Int = DBL.

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 2 of 20
(10,929 Views)

What no coercion dot?  What is this LabVIEW 2? 

(I honestly don't know if coercion dots were in LabVIEW 2)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(10,897 Views)

I helped a new department get started and we needed a logo.

The company was too cheap to hire an ad agency so we had a contest. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(10,888 Views)

That's brilliant... Works every time.

Although after watching Mad Men I'm not sure I would give them my money, either.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(10,867 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Who says that's an Add primitive? That's just a VI that uses the same icon. And those wires going in? There's no coercion because those are two LabVIEW classes whose wire appearance has been customized. And that supposed "sequence structure"? That's just a pasted image sitting behind the code. You can tell because there are no tunnels.

🙂

Message 6 of 20
(10,856 Views)

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Who says that's an Add primitive? That's just a VI that uses the same icon. And those wires going in? There's no coercion because those are two LabVIEW classes whose wire appearance has been customized. And that supposed "sequence structure"? That's just a pasted image sitting behind the code. You can tell because there are no tunnels.

🙂

I don't know what you're all talking about. Clearly it's just two channel wires being added together.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(10,816 Views)

Jacobson wrote:

I don't know what you're all talking about. Clearly it's just two channel wires being added together.

Well, that's the 2016 patch. The great secret is that we've actually updated the logo every release of LabVIEW, but in a way that is completely transparent to our users. It was only an Add primitive in LV  1.0. It was a reentrant VI by 2.0. 🙂

Message 8 of 20
(10,773 Views)

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Well, that's the 2016 patch. The great secret is that we've actually updated the logo every release of LabVIEW, but in a way that is completely transparent to our users. It was only an Add primitive in LV  1.0. It was a reentrant VI by 2.0. 🙂

I take it it's now set to Run when opened?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(10,274 Views)
I'd also like to think that any PNGs of the logo are actually VI snippets...if you drag them onto the block diagram they release the *true* power of LabVIEW.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 10 of 20
(10,268 Views)