BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI

Hi everybody,

Can any of you help me to understand how get started with LabWindow/CVI works, i have Zero knowledge about this. any sugestions how to learn tis quickly.

Many thanks

mabdurah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,317 Views)

Unless you can go and attend some CVI course at your NI representative, I suggest you to read the Getting started with LabWindows/CVI manual, which introduces you to the product with a step-by-step guide to develop a simple application for data acquisition and analisys.

By reading that document and following the exercises described you will understand basic paradigm of the IDE and see the most relevand elements that build up an application (user interface, associated code and events, data analisys and so on).

The guide is listed in the Welcome page of CVI: if it does not show when you start the product, you can reach it via Help >> Welcome page... menu function.

Note. This is not the classic RTM response: the document I pointed you to is well structured and organized and offers a complete survey of CVI elements. After reading it you should be ready to face your actual developing tasks. There are other additional resources you can count on at that moment, the CVI forum board being one of them. We will be happy to see you there and help you solve your problems.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hi Roberto,

Many thanks for your prompty response and your guidance, hope it will much help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,285 Views)

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

Note. This is not the classic RTM response: the document I pointed you to is well structured and organized and offers a complete survey of CVI elements. 

What manuals have YOU been reading lately?  OK, I'll give credit to NI for consistantly providing superior documentation.  They are not completely unique in good technical writing though.  But the general case still holds; "If you want to use a thing effectively, RTM!"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,246 Views)

Hello Jeff, at present I'm reading the Eclipse Workbench manual since I need to start with a project based on NXP (formerly Freescale) microprocessors and their IDE is Eclipse-based. I surely need in this case a Getting-started, since the manual I have found so far deeply describes every single toolbar button and so on but does not give an overview to the product.I'll serach for a better introductive manual. Even if it's been a while since I read CVI Getting started manual ( Smiley Wink ) in this case I miss its equivalent.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community